3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dura Glove  (Read 1821 times)

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dura Glove
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Johnathan,

Sir I've been reading and posting on most all of the threads that are related to the Dura Glove as it has been my Favorite for the past 3 years.

Mine has just about reach it limits and has holes and the stitching is starting to break and come loose as you can see from the pictures

I order a new glove recently but not sure if it has been in the last 9 months as your stated required limit for replacement above.

And the new one has not met the expected quality, fit, or material I had come to know from the past 2 gloves I own.

I have recommended this glove to many as the "best of the best" in my opinion, but again with the last order and like the rest of those posting here I have been disappointed.

I recently purchased a "Speed" Glove from one of your competitor and as stated it an import.

I was not completely satisfied with it as well as it had material bunched up in the ends of the finger stalls and required me to trim and re-sew to get a usable product.

As for recommendations to get back on track with the quality Dura was known for, may I suggest:

1. A tad thicker leather overall in the glove, My originals are thicker and have a more durable feel to them, not "cheap".

2. Please do lengthen the finger stall overlays the current glove is to short by at least 3/8" in my opinion.

3. Make the finger stalls more "full" and not as tapered, they are currently to slim and I have to try and force my Fingers in.

4. And please ensure the material is not bunched in the ends of the finger stalls    :readit:  

I believe if these things can be corrected the Dura Glove will be back on Track.

One other thing, You have been known for great customer service, but the treatment Robert Carter (RC) received is not and should not be  accepted by your great company.

If you find that my purchase of the glove fits your requirements for a replacement please send mine to RC to gain his support back, thanks for listening.

Respectfully

John Langley
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 07:24:00 AM »
I would like one that didn't turn my hand orange when it rains.
Tom

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
Thanks for the information Mr. Karch.  I haven't measured my old Dura-glove and haven't seen a new one but even with the older glove a slightly longer Cordura section would be a nice improvement.

Offline 3R Shooter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
South MS Bowhunter,
Thank you for your feedback. In regards to your comments:
1. You are not the first one to suggest thicker leather, but honestly, comparing to a 2006 Dura-Glove, they are the same thickness. The leather is of high quality. I may need to see some pictures of your new glove to see how thin it is. Being a natural product though, it will have slight variety from batch to batch (not too much though), but I cannot say I have ever seen one that is the way you are describing as "cheap" looking.

2. This is in discussion with the vendor right now. Looking at 1/4 of an inch right now.

3 & 4. The tapered finger stalls is the main issue with the glove. That is what is creating the tapered stalls and creating a bunching at the finger tips. This issue is what is definitely being resolved with all gloves we get from now on.

I will check your order to see how old your glove is and get an email/PM to you. RC already has replacement gloves heading his way.
I work for 3Rivers Archery as the President.
 www.3RiversArchery.com

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Thanks Johnathan,

As for the thicker Leather, I just know that of the 3 gloves I have the Newest one is noticibly thinner "feeling". I have no way to be sure but it does lack that quality feel to it, I know subjective, but its what a customer draws a conclusion from.

Let me know if I need to send mine back for an exchange if RC is taken care of.

Offline 3R Shooter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
RC is being taken care of separately. Already have gloves off to him.

Would you be able to post a picture of the last glove you got please? Would like to see how it looks. Thank you.
 www.3RiversArchery.com

Offline SAVIOUR68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
Johnathan one other note is to make sure they sew the fingers on straight, on ALL fingers. Me being a lefty also had my first finger sewed on crooked [3 different gloves] and weared out the seam quickly. Thanks for trying to fix this issue.

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
Mr Karch,
 Will your past order corrections be offered to all customers or just customers on Trad Gang?

Thanks, Knawbone
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Emmons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Just got my replacement glove.  Went from a small (which fits perfect in the super and Damascus gloves) to a medium.  On this one I can get my finger in it, but it is so tight I can not bend them.  The rest of the glove is huge on me.  I will just accept this as a 40 dollar lesson (glove price and shipping back and forth).  As less 3R paid the replacement shipping.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »
Johnathan,

Sir here are the pic's of the newest glove.  It is a size Medium, and the finger stalls have some dirt on them and look lighter than they are.

When wearing the glove the finger stalls are tight on the sides, but leave a little room from the very tips.

The length of the glove is also to long, even when bent in the shooting position it has a lot of slack in the leather. and this is on front and back.

As for the thickness of the leather, hard to tell when comparing them side by side to the old one.  It may be that the old is just stiffer from age and being wet and dried etc...

Hope this helps.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
ttt for 3R Shooter

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
That looks like the way the L fit me with all the slack.  The fingers were fine for me for size and overlay length, but it may have stretched and been a little loose in the fingers at that point.  

I went to a M to get rid of the slack.  According to the measurement info I should have been an easy fit in the M, but very snug in the middle and particularly the index fingers with short overlay.  No problem with the lack.

I am going to post some pics of my M glove I got early summer.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline 3R Shooter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
SAVIOUR68 - Yep, that issue is not common on all gloves, but I know what you are referring too.

Knawbone - Right now just TradGang is where this is being posted. Our techs are handling any returned gloves handled outside of TradGang the same though. Credit return shipping and free shipping on new one. I am watching product reviews for customer service related concerns as well.

South MS Bowhunter - From those pictures, looks like maybe a little bunching at the finger tips. I cannot tell for sure if the finger stalls are tapered though. The length is a hand sizing thing. We are all made differently, and there are similarities between manufacturers for sizing charts, but no set industry standard from what I see. If me, I would go a size down in glove and even if the finger stalls are snug, can condition the leather to stretch out a bit for a 'second skin' fit. I will reply to you more in our email exchanges we have going on though.

We are looking at adding length to the overlays, but that might be just as an 'extra' solving of the issue. If they are sewing them right, there will not be a bunching of material at the tips, which will length the overlay by a little bit.
 www.3RiversArchery.com

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
First photo show the glove fits fine for length.  No issue with that at all. Real snug when I grab the string.

It is hare to take a photo on the string, but this represents where it hits for me.  Part of the issue is the stitching I think.  There is a bit of a bunch on the middle, and a the index tapers real tight and angles off with a bunched up areas inside.  However, I still think the overlay is short on two fingers. Having a seam in your finger joint just adds to the bulk in your joint when you are on the string. I would much rather see it go well past the joint.

Back of glove also shows the curls, bunches and angles in the stitching. You can see my ring finger nail isn't going past the left side of the stall where it turns in.

I don't get why the overlay angels from side to side of the finger.  Way not square to the finger?  My finger joint doesn't angel.

For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Offline 3R Shooter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
xtrema312 - I do see the bunching on the fingertips, which would shorten the overlay a touch. The image of your fingers by the string looks as if your hand is angled on the string. That it would not be hitting the crease of the string. I have seen this with shooters that shoot with a 'cant' with their bow, but the shooting hand does not 'cant' with the angle of the string.

Could you please clarify this statement: "Back of glove also shows the curls, bunches and angles in the stitching. You can see my ring finger nail isn't going past the left side of the stall where it turns in."

I am just not connecting with what you said with the pictures. I am sorry for that, but if you can explain it a different way it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Please feel free to email me directly too. [email protected]

Also, seeing you are in Kalamzoo, are you planning to see Byron Ferguson at the event they are having at the expo center?  Details on their Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/KalamazooExpoCenter?ref=br_tf
 www.3RiversArchery.com

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
It looks like my hand is angling but it is not when on the string. Part is maybe due to photo and the way my hand and fingers are set to line them up for the photo.  It is hard to show the fingers curled like I am on the sting and get a photo of that.  The string is right on my jonits, and that is the important part for me.  I can't get my fingers in the glove any farther so my finger tips are not all in line as it would appear if you are judging that by the glove, and that is the problem.

If you look at photo #4 of my index finder from the overlay side, I can't get my finger past the radius on the right side of the finger stall, and because of the tapper in the stall, i can hardly get it to that point.  

Study all three fingers.  Much of the issue with the overlay is due to not being able to get the fingers to the end of the glove, but I still think the middle and index are on the short side.  

To clarify "back of glove..", I am saying if you look at the photo of the back of the glove you can also see the curls and bunches and angles of the tip and way it is stitched.  the finger tips all but the ring finger are not nice round ends with seams even.  The middle finger has a twist in the tip on the ring finger side and the index is just all messed up. Does that help?

I would love to get to the expo for Byron, but it is the early antlerss deer season, and I have to be in a tree or blind with the kids for a few days. You have to have your priorities.     :D   I would rather hunt than watch anyone shoot.    :archer2:

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Thanks Johnathan for trying to make things right with the folks who recieved bad gloves.
Leland

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Received my new dura glove today, fit is same as old one and has the check on the label, thanks.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline 3R Shooter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
katman - As electronic communication does not always get across right... Are you saying it is the same fit as gloves, and you are happy?  Or is it same fit as the last glove you got, not the proper fit, and still upset?
 www.3RiversArchery.com

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
I see one on the way to me. I will let you know how it works.  I really appreciate the effort and hope the glove issues get worked out.  The Glove has a lot of potential.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©