3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dura Glove  (Read 1820 times)

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dura Glove
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
this is my glove

PerunH 60"

Shoot a lot and keep it simple

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Great looking Glove Milan, and hand crafted   :clapper:    :clapper:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
Got my two matching gloves yesterday. The match perfectly and are like dura gloves of old. I`m happy. Thank you,RC,.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2013, 01:31:00 AM »
Guess I should have waited before I modifed mine.
Well, I'm glad to see the problem is being corrected anyway.

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
Evidently it's only been a problem since March of this year.     :saywhat:
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
Same excellent fit, very happy camper,    :thumbsup:   Sorry about the misleading post, thanks for asking.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Jonathan, I sent you an email on one of two I ordered in March that doesn't fit. Thanks in advance.
Richard C.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2013, 02:57:00 AM »
I got a replacement on Friday for a glove bought in July (my first Dura Glove) which had required modification and still wasn't quite right. The new glove is much better. On initial inspection, I would have said darn near perfect. Leather seemed just a little heavier, it fit true to size, and it was sewn together straight, not all twisted like my previous glove had been. I didn't get to shoot the glove until Saturday evening and that's when I figured out the nylon stalls are just a "hair" on the short side. They work, but I do have to be a little more careful / precise about finger placement (which probably isn't a totally bad thing). Overall I'm happy with the replacement. I thank Mr. Karch and 3Rivers for doing everything they're doing to make this right. If you can go ahead and get those stalls just slightly lengthened as discussed earlier in this thread, I think the product will be near perfect. Thanks once again...Cory
"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline Emmons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
I spent some time this weekend reworking my replacement glove.  I turned it insode out and removed as much of the extra material in the finger stalls as possible.  Then I removed the velcro, elastic, and waist strap.  Shortened the back on the glove by about an inch.  Sewed the velcro, elastic, and waist strap back on, but this time so that they make a smaller loop.  The fit is very good now, except the tip of the ring finger is a little bunched up.  It is useable now.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2013, 07:55:00 AM »
I got my replacement yesterday.  Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better fit.  I was able to get my fingers in the stalls right off.  Still snug as it should be new but I got them all the way in with a reasonable amount of wiggling and pulling.  The first glove I struggled with, and it was messing with my circulation after wearing it a while.  Stitching around the finger tips and tip shape is much better on all fingers.  Still have one finger that is not as nice and round as it could be, but a minor thing.  

The overlay is a little longer now on my middle and index finger.  I have plenty of coverage on the overlay on the ring finger like before. and now I can get a deep hook and not be right on the stitching of the middle finger.  Index finger is right against the stitching.  I think the overlay needs to be 1/8-1/4” longer.  I see no down side to making it longer so the stitching gets out of the finger joint with a deep hook and full curl on the fingers.  

My only other complaint is a minor one about the strap fit.  I get a good amount of overlap of the strap so I am not attached to the leading edge of the glove body Velcro.  I have plenty of extra strap length past the glove body.  The strap sizing would likely be better for a large or XL glove.  You could have the strap made just a little shorter so you get full contact between the Velcro halves or just add more Velcro material to the strap so it makes full contact.  Once the strap stretches a little ,I will have less contact on the Velcro.  

Overall I am happy with the glove now.  I shot it a little last night, but it will take a little time to get a good finger curl and know who the overlay works out on the index finger.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Thanks Johnathan Karch for taking care of this  issue and sending out the new glove.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Received my replacement glove today and it fit perfectly. Thanks to Jonathan Karch of 3 Rivers for great customer service.
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Good on 3rivers and you Johnathan for being a stand up company when it came to an issue. Lots of companies seem nice and great when everything is going smoothly, but the true test is when something like this occurs. I applaud you and the entire staff at 3rivers for making this right and doing the right and honorable thing.   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
James Kerr

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
One thought on the long strap is when wearing one in the winter I use a glove with the three fingers cut off and put the duraglove over top of it. I can use a longer strap to go around the bunchy elastic material at the wrist of my glove.
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline BIG GAME

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
Just emailed Johnathan and he is taking care of my issue with the Dura glove.  Those quys are good at what they do.
Lord of the Lynx

"One bow to rule them all"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©