3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Simmons Tree Shark Question on Shot Deer  (Read 992 times)

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Simmons Tree Shark Question on Shot Deer
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Longspur77:
Moral of this story is. If you hit a deer with a tree shark it will die. Hell I shot a doe off the ground one time when I shot wheels and I pull way left. She was walking left and I thought I shot in front of her neck. I walked over and pulled my totally clean arrow out of a stump and saw a drop if blood on ground. Started following and after 10 feet it looked like you took a hose and walked thru the woods.  Ended up one blade sliced her throat. Yes u read that right. One blade sliced her throat. Found her within 40 yds. No waiting or anything. Crazy
I had the same thing happen to me with a stinger buzz cut  I thought I missed  watched the deer go 30 yards  stager and drop . I found the arrow with a little blood on it. I must of sliced the caroted artery  like you a garden hose sprayed blood trail.(lucky I guess).

Offline Traddict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »

I love these heads for deer and turkey, but will not take hard quartering shots with them any more. This shot never entered the chest cavity. Cut all major arteries in the front leg. She ran about 90 yards. Everything else has been complete passthroughs.

Offline Scarne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
I'm no doctor and I don't play one on TV, but I look at the size of these wounds and wonder if perhaps the trauma is so great that it just shuts them down.  

If you think about it, a heavy arrow may well knock the wind out of them and the size of the wound may put them in shock and somehow breathing is just shut down?

I don't even know if that is medically possible...

Regardless I'm glad you guys were able to recover your deer before the coyotes got first dibs.

I'm going to email this thread to a hunting bud who has been an ER nurse in Chicago for 20 years (means he has seen it all) and get his thoughts.  I'll check back in with what his thoughts are.
"A man is best judged by what he does when nobody else is watching."

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
Love this post!!  I am new with the simmons and really didn't think about the hard quartering shots but now that it has been stated it all makes sense.  You all might have save a deer's life and me from feeling really bad.
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©