3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rug rest ?  (Read 218 times)

Offline coyote30

• Trad Bowhunter
Rug rest ?
« on: September 13, 2013, 03:29:00 AM »
I read somewhere that adding a match stick under the rest and side plate would provide cleaner arrow flight. Is this true? Both of my bows have a radius shelf so I was wondering if I could benefit from doing this. I shoot a Kodiak hunter and a howatt hunter.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rug rest ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
The smaller the contact point, the less any shooter induced bow torque will effect arrow flight.  So yes it can make a difference, but it may be minimal or not noticed as the fletching corrects it.
  I never used a match stick, but have used part of a toothpick under each.  Especially when shooting off a shelf on bows that do not have much radius to the shelf.

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »
The shelf and side plate on many bows have a radius, so it may not be needed.  It does help however on bows with no radius.  I use a sliver of leather (from and old belt or whatever) if needed for the contact point.

Offline coyote30

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »
Thanks guys, sounds like it is not needed with a radius shelf. I was just curious about doing this.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©