3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tree stands with recurves?  (Read 430 times)

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tree stands with recurves?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
I usually hunt in the 15'-20' range.I use a Summit Viper XLS as my primary stand,and configure the seat to hang appox 6" below the safety bar.
I have found that with the seat so positioned,and the bar brought up to waist high,i can safely lean out against the bar,and attain plenty of clearence for my curve.I was going to cut off the bar,but glad that i didn't,after reading about this trick with the Summit's.
Best of luck to all,Hunt Safe.
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Offline ChekDE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
I've hunted 20+ feet with my 60" longbow.  Never had a problem.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
Hunt out of a bunch of hang on stands 66 stands set up and ready to hunt to be exact. They are anywhere from 3ft. to 27ft. Never had a problem with a recurve out of any of them. I do agree the lower the better and cover dictates how high my stands are, angle becomes tough on close in shots from high stands. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Chumster

• BOEUF 2019
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
I hunt at 12ft and  15ft respectfully, out of both. I took one section out of one making it 12ft. I also have some 10ft tripods set up.
I don't notice any significant angle difference at those heights. Practice at both, just for certainty.
Pretty much right on when shooting from those heights, IMO.
Never wait too long!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
I usually hunt from a ladder or lock on stand set up at 15 feet. I shoot a 68" longbow so tend to sit  mostly with my right butt cheek on the seat and my left one hanging off a bit. This helps keep the lower end of the bow from hitting the stand. Since I am a bit shaky at any height, I shoot sitting down.
Sam

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
I kinda fit in with the majority of guys with heights between 12 and 20 feet and use a variety of stands. Mostly lone wolf hang sons. If I get higher than about 18 feet I start to feel too far away and don't lime the angle. Much prefer 12-15 if cover allows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©