3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How Well Does a Stick On Rest Work on the Hoyt Excel??  (Read 184 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
How Well Does a Stick On Rest Work on the Hoyt Excel??
« on: September 16, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
Hey all,

Gonna try a Hoyt Excel 21 inch and am looking for ideas on the rest.  In my search I have seen ALL kinds of suggestions from furniture pads, hoyt Super Rests, NAP Centerest and flippers to higher dollar rest and plunger combos.

I am not going to be competing with my bow, just shooting it in the back yard and maybe some hunting later.  So I am looking for simple.

I would much prefer to just stick on a Bear Weather Rest like I used on my ProLine WARF and go, but there are a lot that say that won't work so well and that you should use a plunger with a rest to get the full adjust ability.

So, what kind of effective rest solution would you all suggest?  Should I, or can I, use one of the simple stick on rests like a Bear Weather Rest or a Hoyt Super Rest or make one using stick on furniture pads or velcro or should I just go ahead and bite the bullet and get the NAP Centerest Flipper for $25??

What are you using?

Thanks all.

Nalajr

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How Well Does a Stick On Rest Work on the Hoyt Excel??
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:02:00 AM »
I have a gamemaster 1 riser I bought it used. It had plumbers putty build up on shelf with rugrest glued to it with a plunger, this works well for me. Using a plunger on a riser helps with tuning to. It has a lot to do with personal preference. Might have to try a couple different combo's to find one that works good for you an like. Hope this helps.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Re: How Well Does a Stick On Rest Work on the Hoyt Excel??
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:50:00 AM »
Yup you can use a super rest just fine.  Using it with a plunger will give you the ease of tuning so you can set your centershot, but you can use it just by itself with or without adding some extra padding behind it to build it out, however at that point you'll only be able to tune via brace height or your arrow choice/ point weight.  I mean you can go with any of the options you listed its kinda up to you and how easy you want the setup to tune.  3D/field shooters enjoy elevated rests quite a lot because the smaller amount of arrow contact interferes with arrow flight less, but the majority among us who hunt prefer the reliability of off the shelf.  Have fun playing around it is neat to see how different things affect the arrow.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©