3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CT deer opens today!  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: CT deer opens today!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 06:34:00 AM »
Thanks Charlie.  Scott definately.  Matt, out of work at 3:30?  You got the life!  I'm jealous.
peter Osimanti

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »
Kevin can you give me a call? Rick in NY

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
kevin well the story    :thumbsup:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
no penatration!

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
pete has been razing me all the time about the penetration i dont get verses how much he gets. well lets just say thats been setteled. the town we live in  just opened up a new piece of property to bow only. so after we got our permission slipes we went scouting and hung a few stands. yesterday pete me and our friend bob ment at 5 at petes to go hunting.we drooped off pete with his climber and bob and i went to the parking area. as we started to go in we noicted the dome lights in the car did,nt go off i told bob to leave and i would figure it out. after much door slaming and horn honking i got them off, i figured by this time pete was problry swearing in his tree stand.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Dang Kevin, no penetration? Same problem cuz has. Nice deer by the way. I'll post a pic if you like. Can't help with the penetration.

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
too make matters worse i didnt find my stand right away, and was lighting up the area loooking for the stand. after finding the stand i setteld in for a nice morning of nothing. we had agreeed that pete would get down and push the adjoning field at about 9 oclock. at 845 i saw two deer coming my way and the game suddleny changed. the bigger doe was feeding my way on low hanging branches.at about 22 yards she was broad side but i held off for a closer shot. with all the low branches i though i would have to thread the niddle when she walked into the shooting lane.

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
well that shoot never presented itself as she was to deep in the brush. at this point i had been watching this doe for about twenty mintues when my phone starts vibrating and its pete wanting to know if i have seen anything! not wanting him to start climbing down i texted him back, YES NOW! as soon as i had done that the doe started  to move the only problem i had it was running out of the bushes it was feeding on, just as i had guessed it moved quickley through the next opening and stopped with its vitales cover.but she made the mistake of taking two more steps and stopping in the shooting lane at about 17 yards.

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
ok izzy ill send yousome in a bit

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
I can post the one you texted me yesterday.

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
check your  mail izzy

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
auto pilot took over and the next thing i know is im watching my arrow disappear into the does side where i am looking and she is gone around the corner in a flash. then the shaking starts. after getting the shaking under control, but not stopping, i texted pete ,Shot. pete texed me back ,well. not beging very good on texting or the computer for that matter i called pete and we decided  he would climb down push thru the over grown field and pick up bob.

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
after what seemed like forever pete and bob appeared. after a few brief questions from pete about the shot i guided him to where the doe had been standing when i shot. pete then mutters someting under his breath, about penertration and turns to me and says you got a compelte pass thur with bright red lung blood. i was never so happy to prove someone. wrong in my life.pete took a few pictures, as i was climbing  down.as it worked out when the doe had disppeared around the corner out of my sight she had just taken her last few steppes. she had only gone about twenty yards, i had hit both lungs and the top of the heart with my shot. as it turned out pete had deer under him in the dark and bob had jumped a deer going into his stand. good friends and good peneration made for a great day.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
I can post the one you texted me yesterday.

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »
Congratulations Kevin . It was good to hear about your hunt .

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
NICE JOB MUST WENT BETWEEN TWO RIBS TO GET A PASS THROUGH !!!!    :notworthy:    
CONGRATULATIONS KEVIN NICE JOB !!!!!!   :archer:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
Yeah but he aimed for the gap between the ribs, and calculated the rotations of the broadhead so it entered vertically to slip between those ribs.  Now thats a good shot!
peter Osimanti

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
pete speaking of broadheads ill be needing to sharpen this one again

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©