3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CT deer opens today!  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: CT deer opens today!
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »
 Another Connecticut feller who was so lucky to be educated by Kevin, (KWC) the master bowhunter. He put Kevins teachings to use and killed his 1st trad deer. Whats the story Homie?

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
well?????
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
first thing i have nothing to do with bobs shooting skills. second as the story goes he miss the first shot at four yards, not like we all haven't been there. whats more amazing after missing the first shot,he had enough composure when presented with a second shoot, of over twenty yards, to made a great double lung shot. but not being sure of the shot he made, and the impending darkness,he marked the last blood and backed out. the following morning,with the help of matt,peter,and myself he followed a clear blood trail right to his first traditional harvest,a very nice doe congratulations bob on a well deserved trophy

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Wow izzy your the best we appreciate you posting the pic.  For some reason he can't log on to tradgang so he only reads.  Well bob has been shooting the recurve for a couple of years he shoots a 55# Martin mamba and obviously well.  He has shot deer with a compound but this is his first with the recurve and he has been really out there trying.  We set this stand up a week or so ago and this was his second sit.  I was sick and couldn't hunt so he planned to work through Saturday.  With nothing better to do while laying on the couch I started texting him, harraassing him telling him to get out and hunt!
peter Osimanti

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Well I think he got tired of my calls and at 14:31 he said I'll call you in a few hrs.  At 16:24 I get a txt " got your knife".  The story went as Kevin said a deer came in busted him and went behind him.  This second deer came in I guess from behind and was very close. I think sometimes too close is worse.  Anyway he shot and missed the deer ran off and stopped.  It turned broadside and he shot.  He later measured the shot with a tape.  33 yards!  In his defense it was a large deer so it may have looked closer.  I don't think I would have taken the shot but if it feels good I guess go with your gut.
peter Osimanti

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
He told me thought the shot was back, but the arrow looked good.  He tracked it about 70 yds over the tracks and into the marsh.  With light dying and not being positive on the shot I advised to back out.  It wasnt necessary, the next morning with the sun out the trail looked like my 3 yr old painted it.  Congrats Bob!
peter Osimanti

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
:clapper:  Congrats Bob!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
atta boy BOB   :archer2:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
12 6 13 got 1 to day 20y double lung more later    :campfire:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2013, 04:26:00 AM »
Congrats Matt, looking forward to the story

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2013, 06:42:00 AM »
CT'ers, no offense but why is your season so late? Is it the first deer season by any method?  I assume it's based on harvest numbers your DNR says can be supported, otherwise I'd demand some new wildlife geniuses, lol!  I'm truly sorry, I would have to move. I'll will readily admit to becoming a wuss in my silver years.  I like hunting in my shirt sleeves in Sept-Oct. Further South and there's too many skeeters and crawly things. This was the first year in forever that I didn't get a deer during our bow season (thanks to work) and I will confess to taking a deer during our current gun season at 10 deg.F.  There's no way I could have even thought about shooting a bow accurately in those conditions.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline bfrbmj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »
Old Dog-  Our season runs from Sept 15- Dec 31 on private and bowhunting only areas.  It is closed for shotgun and muzzleloaders on regular public lands Mid Nov -late Dec.  We can take 2 antlerless and 2 either sex.  In 2 southern zones, the season extends thru the end of Jan with the ability to take 2 extra deer.

We can be pretty warm in Sept and very cold in Dec(1"of snow/sleet last night).  So we have a little bit of everything.  We seem to have a decent deer population(don't know exact numbers) and the only problem I have with the state is that we just legalized those bows you should sideways with a scope and trigger.
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Lets hear that story!
   :campfire:

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
Yes - what bfrbmj said - we have a long and varied season.  I couldn't hunt much early because of work but now I have the rest of December and January.  Not bad.

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Okay, sympathy's over...now I'm jealous, lol!  I'm in N.C.'s northwest district that has the longest bow season (usually around the 2nd week of Sept.thru the 2nd week of November), but our wonderful WRC gave the best week of archery season(the last) to the muzzleloaders several years ago. That does it, I'm moving north...cold is not so bad if you say it real fast!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Just got back from a Thanksgiving and hunting trip in PA. I got our of work on Friday because of the rain about lunchtime. I decided to go and check my tree stands and the cards in my trail cameras, taking my bow. I walked up on a little button buck at 35 yards. He didn't notice me, and I watched him for about 15 minutes. He was limping pretty bad so I decided it was the right thing to keep him from suffering. Made a 20 yard double lung shot.

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »
well done

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2013, 07:12:00 PM »
Nice job buddy!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »
A good day it was !!!!!!!! Happy happy happy !!!!!!

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Congrats to all who have tied a tag, and good luck to all who haven't.   :campfire:
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©