3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Day One Camo" bibs  (Read 1728 times)

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
"Day One Camo" bibs
« on: January 20, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
I'm looking for input from anyone that has these. Are they hard to put on over your boots because the leg zippers don't go all the way to the waist. I'm looking at the fleece with insulation and the wind barrier. I know they make quality stuff because I have there vest. Any input would be appreciated.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Day One Camo" bibs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
VTer

Don't know about Day One, but FWIW, I have Sleeping Indian bibs and the zippers only go to the knee.  I have no trouble putting my big ole 1200 gr. insulated Lacrosse's through the leg and I wear a size 13.
Otto

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
I have a couple of pairs of their bibs. The fleece I've had for about 20 years, still holding up in great shape. Only negative is picking burrs off of it. I have a newer set (3 years old) in the bucksuede ASAT. The quality is worth what you pay. Good folks to deal with. I got the last set unlined for the ability to wear them alone during warm weather, or layer up in cold. I love the bucksuede in that the burrs don't stick to it at all. Look it over and order a set, you won't regret it. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
I have a set of the bibs exactly as you would like them. They are very warm, go on easily, etc. I do have a problem with them...they are too large for me. They are a size Large and I have lost weight since I got them and the inseam is a little too long. Want to make a deal?  Let me know. I will buy another pair as soon as I can sell these....they are only 3 years old...like new....Realrtree Hardwoods pattern.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
I just recieved a pair, just like you describe...the legs are way too tight, for an XXL...I can hardly get my legs down in them with just jeans on!!! I called Day One yesterday, but no answer...Will try again Monday...I sure can't use them the way they are, and I have BIRDLEGS...lol
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
Thanks guys for all the input. I have hedged on buying these for 2 years now, just because I'm unsure of them fitting right and being able to put them on over my boots. I have e-mailed Gary with my concerns, but I felt he wasn't very forthcoming with the right info. Probably for the same reasons. He knows what his bibs look like, but he can't see what an odd-sized VTer looks like. So it's hard to make the call! Fireman: please post the results of your call. I'd like to know what happens in the event of something not fitting.
Bill: sorry, I'm at least an XL, borderline XXL. I wish they were bigger.
Judging from the posts so far, I'm still scratching my head!
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »
VTer - I have a pair of the bibs but they are only one layer of wool, no insulation and no wind barrier.  They are XL size and I have no problems getting them on over my size 12 hunting boots.  I had a special request when I ordered them (nothing to do with size) and Gary was very helpful and accomodating.  Good luck with your decision.
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
VTer, I'll let ya know, plan on callin him monday.
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
I have the day one wool bibs lined with comformax-I ordered XL. They did seem a little tight, but I think it was mostly that they were too long-I sent them back to Gary to have them shortened. I can get them on over my boots. I wouldn't say it's easy, but it's not that hard either. nice stuff. Has anyone else had sizing issues?

BD
BCD

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
Fireman: Thanks, it'll be interesting to hear about it.
BCD: I am worried about my boots fitting through. I put my bibs that I have now on in my treestand after I get settled in. So I can't do a lot of hopping around with my heel caught on the fabric. I have Walls bibs now and it seems when my LaCross's are wet from rain or morning dew, they really grab onto the lining.

- Doug Lawson.

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
VTer-

I personally wouldn't be putting any bibs on in the tree, regardless of how easy they go on. To me, it's not worth the risk of falling.

BD
BCD

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by VTer:
Fireman: Thanks, it'll be interesting to hear about it.
BCD: I am worried about my boots fitting through. I put my bibs that I have now on in my treestand after I get settled in. So I can't do a lot of hopping around with my heel caught on the fabric. I have Walls bibs now and it seems when my LaCross's are wet from rain or morning dew, they really grab onto the lining.
There is NO WAY that even tennis shoes (my size 12's anyway), would fit thru these bibs!!!

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Fireman, sorry to hear that. My feet are 12's also. I wonder if he has changed the way he makes them.  Are they tight everywhere else or just the legs? I wonder if anyone puts on bibs before they put there boots on?
BCD: I know its probably not good, but I am strapped in at that point. I dress light to my stand so I don't overheat and usually try and cooldown for a few minutes before the bibs go on.

- Doug Lawson.

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
Vter-at least you're strapped in-that's the main thing. I can easily put a size 11 hiker on with my bibs. It's a little more work with my size 11 Lacrosse iceman's, but not that difficult.

BD
BCD

Offline Ryan O'Sullivan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
No Bibs here, but I do have the fleece lined pants and jacket in asat and its the nicest clothing I've ever had the pleasure of owning, warmest too. No problems getting them over my boots and they have no zippers.

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by VTer:
Fireman, sorry to hear that. My feet are 12's also. I wonder if he has changed the way he makes them.  Are they tight everywhere else or just the legs? I wonder if anyone puts on bibs before they put there boots on?
BCD: I know its probably not good, but I am strapped in at that point. I dress light to my stand so I don't overheat and usually try and cooldown for a few minutes before the bibs go on.
They are a bit snug everywhere, compared to any other XXL I have ever worn before...2 phone calls, one email, no answer yet!

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Update: I ended up getting the bibs in size XXL a few weeks ago. They seem very nice. I was able to slide my size 12 Lacross's thru them while trying them out. Haven't actually tried them hunting yet. Hasn't been cold enough.
Fireman, did you ever get your problem straightened out.

- Doug Lawson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©