3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Swarovski recondition  (Read 450 times)

Offline Chimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Swarovski recondition
« on: September 22, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
I just got my Swarovski bino's back from their service department. My friend Steve O. had heard that they did a great job reworking your old bino's, so I took a chance and sent mine in. Let me tell you it was the best thing I have ever done. They completely went over my 10x42's and replaced just about everything on them. They look brand new!! Mine were about 10yrs. old and were looking ruff. From Alaska to Canada and all across the U.S, they have been through everything you could imagine. I wish I had a before and after picture. All it cost me was shipping and insurance, about $35.00. I have never had a warranty so good. I got them back in 5 weeks. I give them 5 stars. If your thinking of doing it, I can tell you, you won't be disappointed.

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Swarovski recondition
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
That's great service.  One of the factors that went into my decision to by my 8.5x42 ELs was Swarovski's reputation for service down the road.

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
I've done mine, too. Excellent service. What a difference in clarity. I didn't realize how cloudy they'd become until I got them back. Wow!
Romans 8:28

Online graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
what do you all use (or swarov recommend) to clean the glass on your bino's? did swarov customer service happen to tell you all that they did when you sent them back ?  thanks, Seth

Offline Prairie Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Great to hear. My 8x30 slc's just went back yesterday. They developed double vision while I was in Africa.
Maddog Bows (16)
Rocky Mnt Recurves(2)
Sierra Blanca Bows (2)
Mike B.

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
That's great to know.
 I have 2 pairs 7x30 and 10x42 both are about 10 years old and flawless Right now. Bit I like hearing about this kind of customer service if anything does happen to them.
Thanks for sharing this.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
I had my 8x30's done a couple years ago, after 10 or 12 years of very hard use they did offer me a new pair for like $100.00 but I just had em recondition mine... awesome service on a great product. kinda makes that purchase price not hurt so bad.. reminds me of the same type deal with black widow bows....
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
I broke one of the clips on the body that the strap attaches to about 4 or 5 years ago. This is on a pair of 8x30's I bought in 1991.  Sent them in and when they came back I was wow!!! Complete new body, reconditioned lens. They looked like brand new. Awesome service
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
Best thing I did for my high mileage Swarovski's.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
Thank you for the tip Gary.  I have Zeiss, but a well deserved bump is in order to let some more Swarovski owners get to see this.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
We just had a heating oil spill in our basement and my hunting pack was on the floor...got soaked    :(   I threw the pack & any cloth/leather goods out but my Swarovski  10X25 & Garmin were in the pack.  Called both companies.  Garmin said it would be OK to wash with cloth & Dawn but not submerse. Swarovski  hadn't had that problem before and want them shipped in for them to clean/refurbish...cost was my ship/insurance in and they would ship/ins back.
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
I bought mine from a Tradganger who was the original owner. Did they request proof of purchase or anything to refurbish them?

I am sure if needed the original owner would send em back for me  :)
Mike Davenport

Offline Chimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
Yes to the question about what they did on the service. They gave me a detailed statement of all they did. And no they did not ask me for my original sales slip. I found out you can upgrade to the new HD lens for a small fee. I plan on doing that after this hunting season.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by wapiti792:
I bought mine from a Tradganger who was the original owner. Did they request proof of purchase or anything to refurbish them?

I am sure if needed the original owner would send em back for me   :)  
Mike, I believe Swarovski is lifetime and unconditional. I am 98% sure my next (and last!) pair or "good" binos is going to be some 10x42 Swarovisions.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
Thanks Steve! They were magic in WY this fall. Worth every penny.
Mike Davenport

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
They just asked me where I bought them.  I got them from a LL Beans Outlet Store.  They were returns at 45% off.  Plus they didn't ask for any proof.

PS: I live close to 3 LL Bean Outlet Stores and I usually see returned Swarovski binos substantially discounted but still with warranty cards   :)
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Jeff Cooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
I have sent in some 8x30 SLCs that I bought second-hand. Came back like a brand new pair.

I was up front with Swarovski and they actually told me the age of the glasses.

They did not care that they were second hand...they told me as long as the glasses had their name on them they were covered.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©