3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is the deal with the "man hug" on the tv hunting shows? Its weird.  (Read 419 times)

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
Hugging after shooting something? That is freakin weird. It makes tv hunting shows hard to watch.
TD

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is the deal with the "man hug" on the tv hunting shows? Its weird.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
Marketing ploy,that's all it is..........bull hunky!
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
tv hunting shows are hard to watch in the first place---even without the hugging.

The vast majority of all those shows miss what hunting should be about period.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
Commercialized and ruined like many other things. I watch the conservation ones.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Easy to switch channels or off. House Hunters Int'l has minimal hugging!   :shaka:

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
Yep, just channel surf right past them.
Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »
God made ugly women because they sure do make the rest of them look mighty good.  Those hunting shows are like that too, watch a few of them before you go out hunting and your sure to really enjoy your hunt after that even if you dont see any game.

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by northener:
tv hunting shows are hard to watch in the first place---even without the hugging.

The vast majority of all those shows miss what hunting should be about period.
I agree 1000%!
All the whooping, hollering, high fiveing, picking up a dead animals head & dropping it is sickening. I've about quit watching them. They are only intent on selling you somethingh not hunting ethics. I see so many animals shot in broad daylight then when you see the retrieved game it's well after dark.
  I'm about sick of them.   :mad:
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
They are all hunting commercials in my opinion.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Yup,I got rid of the Outhouse Channel a long time ago.Wasn't watching that crap anymore and don't miss it.

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
Sadly it's teaching the younger generations how to "act in the woods"!  Not to mention all the other bad habits.  Too bad everyone can't have a dad or other guide to show them the way.  I didn't but had good places to learn!!   There are a couple of popular Trad guys out there that really push the envelope on the celebration after a kill....almost to the point of being ridiculous and "just for the camera" IE--fake....Even hard to watch that guy these days.  But, as I've been told here before...if you were making a living out of being in the woods hunting all the time....I guess you might consider doing it too.  (Don't agree with it but that's what I was told!!)
Everything is a competition these days.....sadly.  Guess that's why they celebrate like they just scored the winning touchdown at the homecoming game.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
Closet Queens...   :eek:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
I hugged my brother when he made his first trad kill. But he's my brother...it was not weird.

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
I like that..."Hunting Commercials". Seems about right to me. Cant stand the vast majority for even a second.  Some of the scenery can be worth a peek though.

That being said I have hugged a hunting buddy or two after a long blood trail that ended successfuly.  My buds first bow Elk was one time I can remember clearly.  Didnt seem weird at the time...well maybe a little  :D  

One thing I do like about the occasional hunting show is the ones that show more women and kids in the outdoors.  May help our daughters feel like its ok for them to get dirty and have fun in the outdoors.

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »
There are times when it is entirely appropriate and not disrespectful to the animal. If it ever is for you, you will know it. I'd guess the shows on TV(I never watch em anyways) are probably not capturing the type of moment I mention here.
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline wandering monk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »
I am almost hesitant here to chime in...this is a really bad subject for me...

this is what happens when someone find out there is a market to make money...then add to that all the followers of those folks...

800 yard shots on Elk...QDm...High fences...and all the rip off of a favorite critter...White Tails...not too mention the bimbo factor...

I call them the "Uncle Bubba" shows...anyone with enough money has a show now...

I must admit I watch them every once in a while just for laughs...today a guy was shooting hogs with a pellet gun...no kidding...

hugs are OK...especially among close friends...but TV is trying to make us all feel like they are normal...they are anything but...JMHO...
ted/wandering monk
public land pope & young
public water 20"er

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Trumpkin the Dwarf:
There are times when it is entirely appropriate and not disrespectful to the animal. If it ever is for you, you will know it. I'd guess the shows on TV(I never watch em anyways) are probably not capturing the type of moment I mention here.
I would agree with that.  A little personal celebration for anything hard earned is certainly understood but I think on some of these shows, videos, etc......it definitely goes WAY over the top.  Disrespectful to the animal and the endeavor.....   :dunno:   And again,  many times appears fake and "acted" cuz it's what they are now "supposed" to do.  Wouldn't take much to change the reactions and show the respect.  My opinion of course.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©