3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: LaCrosse Aerohead Boots  (Read 137 times)

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
LaCrosse Aerohead Boots
« on: September 25, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Anybody have any experience with these new boots from LaCrosse?   They obviously talk them up pretty good on their web site,  but I would like to hear some first hand real life experiences.   My main questions are:  1.  Will they stay dry,  if for instance you had to walk through tall wet grass and brush all day.  2.  Are they comfortable enough that they could be wore in the mountains?
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: LaCrosse Aerohead Boots
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
up
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline yogibarrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
I bought a pair for this season and have worn them 3 times.  I have the 3.5mm ones, they are quickly becoming my favorite boot.  They are light and seem to be very tough yet flexible.  Time will tell if they hold up but for now they are excellent.  To answer your specific questions. 1.) You will sweat in them just like every other knee high rubber, rubber neoprene boot.  So after a day of hiking your pant legs and socks will be wet but this has been the norm for me with all knee high boots.  2.)  I can't answer specifically because I'm hunting rolling hills and bottoms but I would'nt see any issues.

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Thanks Chris.

Offline Mike VanBuren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
It's a very comfortable, durable boot but I wouldn't want them for the mountains because of the lack of support. As mentioned above, you will sweat in them. I've worn the 3mm boots since spring turkey season and found them to be very durable. They hold up well to greenbriars which tore up a few pairs of Mucks in the past.

The one gripe I have is the rubber armor will squeak when rubbed against a stand or the rubber on the other boot.

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
I picked up a pair today, so the testing will begin. Seem more flexible than muck boots.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©