3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which Samik to buy?  (Read 421 times)

Offline arrowit

• Trad Bowhunter
Which Samik to buy?
« on: September 25, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
I currently have a Samik Sage and enjoy it, but I want to get something that is a bit better.  I was thinking of getting the Samik: Phantom, Phoenix ll, or the Devastator. Things I am considering are shoot ability, performance for hunting, take down recurve and dual pin limb system to make me feel more secure. I really don't care about the finish and looks, just performance. Looking for some advice, input or Help! Price is a factor and want to stay $400.00 range give or take $50.00.  Also would entertain any other bow company in that price range that meets the above criteria.   [email protected]

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which Samik to buy?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
For that price range I would scour the classifieds!  Some really great bargins to be found there!

Offline arrowit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »
ISP  I worry about buying used never know what your going to get, no warranty etc....

Offline Green Mountain Boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
I'm with ISP on this one, folks here are pretty good about describing what they are selling.  As with anything you get a few people who are taken advantage of but it seems like the vast majority of people walk away happy.  If you are worried, become a contributing member and use the new classifieds section, probably safer that way.
That's why they call it hunting....

No Name 50# at 28" (maybe Ben Pearson)
'69 Bear Grizzly 40# at 28"
Great Plains Wolf Creek  50# at 28" one piece
Fruit of the Loom Size Large

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by ISP 5353:
For that price range I would scour the classifieds!  Some really great bargins to be found there!
x2 Buy a nice used bow. You can also buy a new Bear for that price.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline arrowit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
So, it sounds like Samik is not high on everyone's list of bows?

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
check the classifieds. you can find some real bargains

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
Samick makes a fine bow......for the money, as good as most, and better than some......they are an assembly line bow I but have shot many an arrow through several models...no issues !!!
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Ifrit617

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Look at 7 lakes longbows. You can get some real nice ones for $450.

Or Maddog. They are also really nice.

Jon
Quinn Comet 40#@30"

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
Omega Longbows! Awesome bows well under that price range, made in PA by an awesome guy!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
I think the Sage Samik is the best bargin going.  Since you have raised the $$ to the $400 range you really need to start looking in the classifieds.  There are some awesome deals there.  I am amazed every time I look there.

Offline recurve maine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Love my Sage, But I am looking for my one "one of"
1972 Lefty Browning Nomad 51lb @ 30.5
62" Lefty Sammick Sage 66lb @ 30.5
In Search of a custom Lefty long bow!

Offline Guaraci2010

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
I have a Phoenix II and love it! Excelent bow. Highly recomended. I made a video on youtube showing it:  

Offline Guaraci2010

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
I have a Phoenix II and love it! Excelent bow. Highly recomended. I made a video on youtube showing it:  

Offline JJ Hernan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »
Samick manufacture archery equipment marketed by ******** (lancaster archery). I have a KAP-T-rex ILF riser I bought for $70 bucks.  I installed a Trad Tech Black Max 45# Ilf limb I paid $129 bucks.   She is a shooter. I shoot off a Naka magnetic rest with a Shibuya DX plunger. Total cost still under $250 bucks.  I'm now saving my pennies for a Black Max Extreme limb.  I've heard/read only good things about it.
Damon Howatt Hunter 58" 50#@28
BlackHawk "Yellow Jacket" 68" 38#@28
Bear Polar 64" 43# & 28
T-Rex 23" with TT BMax 45#@27.5"

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 07:39:00 AM »
I understand your concern about buying a used bow.  This site is unlike most other internet boards.  Most of the folks here are hunters and shooters that love their bows.  

I have bought and sold a couple of bows over the years through the classifieds here and every deal has been a joy.  

If you see a bow you're intereseted in, send an email and talk on the phone with the seller.  Most of us want the buyer of a bow to enjoy it when they get it.  Have faith in the folks here.  Good luck.

On the other hand, Samick makes a good bow.  I have a Samick Journey that we keep at the house as a guest bow, if someone wants to shoot.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
I have to agree with ISP, for that money you can get into a nice used custom bow that will still be worth what you paid for it when you are ready to try something else down the road. Good luck
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline recurve maine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
I love my Samick, but like anything, custom is SO MUCH nicer. For a few more schekles added to your price point you could get into a nice new custom bow, or if your heat set at that number, plenty of gorgeous bows available right here on TG!
1972 Lefty Browning Nomad 51lb @ 30.5
62" Lefty Sammick Sage 66lb @ 30.5
In Search of a custom Lefty long bow!

Offline paoliguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
If you can get to a trad achery event there are always great deals to be found. By being there in person you get the advantage of feeling the grip and shooting them. That's where most all of my bows came from and have yet to have a problem with one. Big Jim is another good resource, he has new, used and blemished bows in your price range and he's Trag Gang sponsor  and for sure a trustworthy guy.

BTW, my son shoots a Samick longbow. I would not hesitate to buy another. Well made and a good shooter.

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
The Sage and the Red Stag takedown will shoot with just about any bow made as far as shootability and function. Once you go beyond these 2 bows in Samick's line of bows you're just paying for cosmetics. My brother has a Sage and with the right string, Ultracam, d97, xs2, and tuned it is dead quiet and clean shooting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©