3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fred Bear info?  (Read 284 times)

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Bear info?
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
There were two articles in the Traditional Bowhunter magazines years back that described "Fred Heads" an article dating his hunting points and the other article describe his bows and how to date them.

Anyone know what issues those articles were in?

Offline jcp161

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Bear info?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
I have the issues that include the two part series on the Grayling Bear bows including how to date them. Is that what you are looking for? If so, I can send you the info later today. I don't have the magazines in front of me at the moment.
"In bow hunting, the goal is not marksmanship but shooting well. And shooting well, after all, is merely a matter of only taking shots you can make."-Hunting from Home-Christopher Camuto

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Our very own, trad history and collecting forum here on Tradgang probably has more extensive info on those 2 subjects if you do a little searching.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline jcp161

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
Forgot to look when I got home but the website shows an article on collecting Bear bows in the Dec/Jan 1997 issue.

I'll get the info on the two part series tonight.
"In bow hunting, the goal is not marksmanship but shooting well. And shooting well, after all, is merely a matter of only taking shots you can make."-Hunting from Home-Christopher Camuto

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Thanks trap but I was looking for the magazine articles as much as the information.

Thanks for the info jcp161.

Offline jcp161

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
April/May and June/July 2004 have the two part series on the Grayling bows by Chad Mason.

If you can't find a back issue, I can try to copy the articles and mail them to you.

I checked out the collecting/history section here for the first time after reading Trap's post. Wow. There's a ton of info and Bowdoc (d. ward) is mentioned in the articles and has quite a few posts here as well.

Hope that helps.

John

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Thanks jcp161. Your info is what I was looking for. Issue dates!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©