3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 145 grizzly or 150 el grande?  (Read 270 times)

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
145 grizzly or 150 el grande?
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
After reading Dr. Ashbys new updates I was thinking about playing around with some grizzly bhs.  I normally shot a 145gr. bh on my wooden shafts so what would be the better choice...the standard 145 grizzly or the 150 el grande?  The only difference I see is the el grande is a little longer and wider.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 145 grizzly or 150 el grande?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »
I have some 145 Grizzly BHs on the cedars that I use with a 40# bow and they perform very well.  In general, however, I favor the El Grande 190's for my carbons...they are an awesome head.
Either of the heads you mention will work well and the tuning differences between them will likely be negligible.  I've killed critters with both the heads I mentioned above, and both penetration and blood trails have been very good...so go with your prefernce and you'll be all set.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 145 grizzly or 150 el grande?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 12:46:00 AM »
Like she said, both are great heads.  I really like the 150 El Grande, it gives you a bit more cutting with all the penetration of a Grizzly.

Both fly and sharpen very well.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©