3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters  (Read 25906 times)

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck NY bowhunters
« Reply #560 on: December 16, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
Sept 27th Northern & Oct 1st Southern next year.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/10002.html
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #561 on: December 17, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
Maybe I read someplace that it was proposed....I hope it stays the Sept.27 th. Thanks Charlie....
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #562 on: December 17, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
The change to Oct. 1 is being talked about by the DEC.
Being a government agency, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a year or two to move on the new date.
Ken Thornhill

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #563 on: December 17, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
I hope they don't take away that early season, Sept. 27th opener.  I guess we could hunt squirrels if they do.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #564 on: December 17, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
Or bear!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #565 on: December 17, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
What would be nice.........if Northern bow opened at the same time as early bear. Then you have some time to spend hunting bear and deer at the same time.......that would be excellent!! Of course this is wishful thinking.   :dunno:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #566 on: December 17, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
That would be nice, Ron.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #567 on: December 17, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »
Well the fat lady has sung, it's all over for 2013. Had a pretty slow bow season, but the gun was really good here is the final count.
1 longbow doe
1 .243 buck
2 .45 cal T/C Prohunter deer
1 .45 cal Custom flintlock Penn longrifle
Not a bad take for the year, and am looking forward to chasing bunnies next.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #568 on: December 17, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Thats all she wrote.  Tag soup.  I had a great time following everone elses adventures  :clapper:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #569 on: December 17, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
With a bit of garlic and some onion, tags aren't that bad.......LOL!    :biglaugh:  I eaten a ton of them!!

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #570 on: December 17, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
I cheated and put one in the freezer with my 11-87.  But I sure am re-thinking the does and spike I passed on early in the bow season.    :banghead:  

Saw a couple nice bucks too far out that I hope made it through to be even nicer bucks next year.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #571 on: December 17, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Taking them with a gun ain't cheating in my book.I spent about 10 years only using the trad bow all deer season. But after marriage and 4 hungry and growing kids I don't let too many deer walk anymore.If I could kill them all with the bow I would for sure, but I'm not that good, and have actually grown to enjoy gun hunting.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #572 on: December 18, 2013, 04:12:00 AM »
I shot the first two deer that came in this season then shot a decent buck so I have no regrets. Freezer is full now while I dream about next season and chasing bunnies    :readit:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online swampbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #573 on: December 18, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
I'm mad at myself after I missed what should have been an easy shot 55yd shot with my .45 Hawken on the last hour of the last day. Must be the gun ! I would like to get out and wing some arrows at bunnies but I'm just not seeing many and may have to settle for squirrels which are everywhere.You WNY fellas seeing many rabbits ? I'm not looking for a place to hunt just wondering if they're in a down cycle.

« Reply #574 on: December 18, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Muzzleloader hangfire @ 4:15 the last evening of late muzzleloader ended a frustrating season for me. I passed on a number of deer (AGAIN!) early in the season, shot a buck I wasn't able to recover, have a bird dog with a torn Achilles tendon.......better luck next year I hope!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #575 on: December 18, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
   If you felt like this last night minus the turkey, don't forget, the end of one season begins the next. Time for bunnies and hogs. Hope to kill a pile of yotes this year too.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #576 on: December 18, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
Good year for me. Killed 3 does and 1 buck with the longbow. Son killed two more with the recurve so we are good to go for meat.

Any JLMBH warmups scheduled?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©