3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alaska Trad hunters ?  (Read 846 times)

Offline chrisAKnative

• Trad Bowhunter
Alaska Trad hunters ?
« on: September 27, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
Hi everyone! just seeing how many more Alaskan Trad bow shooters are on here and possibly get together go on shoots ..talk hunts.ect..lets see some Alaska pride!

Offline shirikahn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alaska Trad hunters ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Don't live there anymore but I was born on the Kenai Peninsula.  I don't know if the KPA (kenai peninsula archers) is still alive, but they were a great bunch with a very cool 3-d and bag course setup just out of Soldotna.

Offline chrisAKnative

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
im not sure if they are still going either..hmmm..but I am up north

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
I live on the peninsula, work for the borough and actually manage the KPA lease.  They are still an active group, but have very few traditional shooters.  Most of us that shoot trad just go to the KPA range on our own and don't participate much with the group shoots.  I've noticed that I shoot two to three arrows for every one arrow shot from wheeled shooters.  Starting in October they start shooting indoors at a Baptist church out on the Spur in North Kenai.
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Offline Bill Sant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
Hey Chris,  Anchorage area and just north in Chugiak have a fair number of trad guys.  Look at our facebook page for Northwest Archers.  We run the Kincaid Park Range and also host several shoots a year including the State field shoot,,The Alaska open, and I believe we are going to do the Spring 3d this year.  We run about 30% trad guys in participation.  In Chugiak there is Cook Inlet Archers, who have a nice range and host shoots every month.  Blacksheep Bowmen is a club on Elmendorf and Ft Rich. At Northwest/Blacksheep We have enough guys to do a trad only night league in the winter (indoor range) and also in the summer at the Northwest course,  I'm a range captain at Northwest and know most of the trad guys if you want to Email me.  Later  Bill

Offline chrisAKnative

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
great info gentleman,Bill Sant Im just going to have too head down that way for a shoot sometime!that would be fun and a good excuse to head south .

come on Alaskans introduce yourself!

Offline akdd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
I live in the Mat valley. Started this thread on here the other day if you are interested.
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=131899

Offline Bill Sant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Just how far north are you?  Will be heading to the cabin north of Sourdough in a week or so for some grouse and bunnies and grayling.

Offline chrisAKnative

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
akdd that sounds like ana amazing time chasing some black tail,what a great hunt that will be.

Bill sant if you are asking me im in Fairbanks but live in Bettles Alaska above the arctic circle most of the year

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
I'm in Palmer. I'll start shoot indoors with a few other trad shooters starting next Sat at Screaming Eagle in Wasilla.

I'm at the Anchorage airport right. Heading to Juneau for a few days. Will be shooting the Juneau Archery Club outdoor range with a trad shooting buddy.
Chuck

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 04:21:00 AM »
Hey Chris, when you come to town holler, their's a few of us here though I'm out of the clique anymore, I still shoot with a couple of guys every now and than.  

We had a trad archers of alaska for a little while but that didnt last long once we lost north pole archery we lost our indoor range.  Most of us are loners around these parts these days.  We'll have to think about a summer trad shoot.

Oh btw, if you dont know about it, the massey shoots down in anchortown is mid summer.   I've yet to attend due to my messed up work schedule!

Do you get out predator calling much?

Offline BearCrkBandit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
I'm in Fairbanks!

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »
you're a hippy too  :D

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 02:01:00 AM »
BearCrkBandit, I grew up in Fbks.  Do you have an older brother?  I think we were in high school together.  Dandy bear in your profile too.
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline chrisAKnative

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 03:57:00 AM »
@bearcrkbandit- are you in Fairbanks? we should get together sometime and shoot and @AKDan let us know when you have time off.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 04:32:00 AM »
Chris, this week is pretty whacked, I have a test tomorrow morning and than work fri night.   I'm off sat sun mon, trying to take a class this weekend sat/sun not sure yet if I can get in, and work the rest of the week nights.  I'm sure you've seen BCB around Chris, every time I turn around he's stalking me haha.  Sorry T, made me snicker.

Offline BearCrkBandit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
I don't have an older brother, but I do have older cousins that went to school here, you probably went to school with Eric. Yeah Chris, we should get together, if you want to before the snow hits hard, I've got a little 3D range set up on my dads property

Offline BearCrkBandit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
I don't have an older brother, but I do have older cousins that went to school here, you probably went to school with Eric. Yeah Chris, we should get together, if you want to before the snow hits hard, I've got a little 3D range set up on my dads property

Offline BearCrkBandit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »
Haha! Well I have bumped into you twice in the last month...so I guess I can't argue that! Lol

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 03:34:00 AM »
Chris - on the peninsula the last 20 years, Fairbanks for 10 prior to that. I mostly shoot around the house and have some great stump shooting for quite aways around me.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©