3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alaska Trad hunters ?  (Read 845 times)

Offline chrisAKnative

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alaska Trad hunters ?
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
man! its nice too see other trad shooters/hunters up here in Alaska.

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
Yep, Eric, that's him.  Small world.

I see the temps are starting to drop down to normal in the interior.  Should be good hunting for hares right now without the white ground cover.
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
Hi Chris!  I live near Moose Pass on the Kenai Peninsula.  I haven't been on here in awhile so looking down through the past couple months discussions to see what I missed!

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »
Hi Chris, just got back to you on the private msg. As you can see I am in Homer, and just a tad lonely for trad company. Seems everybody has to have wheels on their sticks. I am going to see if I can make it up to Kenai to the indoor shoot this winter a time or two. I just made it to Bettles for the first time this fall on my way to the north slope to guide a bou and griz hunt. I like the place and hope to make it back this coming summer, maybe to the big bash in August?
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
is kings nock still open in fbx I used to shoot there a lot in 05, not many trad guys though.  im in kenai now,  there are a fair number of trad guys around here in various shooting groups, most of which shoot in their yards or at the bunnies, but we do get together once and a while at the kpa outdoor range.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 03:17:00 AM »
ak dan I might just take you up on your offer for this spring,  oh bring a tag

Offline chrisAKnative

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2013, 03:58:00 AM »
no kings nock is no longer around..we have precision archery now. great guy there too.and a couple trad shooters.
Saltwatertom- I will most likely be in Bettles as I usually am you should come on up to do a hunt this summer,heck I probably ran into you while you were there.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
SouthCentral guys:

Do people have a day available for a get together somewhere down on the Kenai?  Our place is well situated if we want to try and pull folks from ANC and the Kenai--2 miles south of the junction between the Seward and Sterling Highways (north of Moose Pass).  We have an 11' screen and projector that we could set up in our heated shop and we could do some kind of mid-day potluck.

Or, would there be a good place in Soldotna instead but that would be probably reducing it to Kenai people?

I am thinking Saturday Jan 4 or Jan 11?

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »
steve how are the bunnies around your are,  we could do a big bunnie hunt.  also the out door range in Soldotna has a pavilion and picknick tables, could do a bbq

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Few bunnies.

Outdoor pavilion could be dark and cold!

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »
hey we chose to live here haha   :dunno:   of course it would depend on the weather.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
they also have a large fire pit

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
I knew a guy in Kenai/Soldotna named Dave Coleson.  He is a barber, and also builds mandolins, guitars and traditional bows.  Any of you guys in that area heard of him?
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »
I might be able to do something on Jan 11.  Would much rather go bunny hunting, but my usual spots don't have much for bunnies.  I literally have seen more lynx (3) and more lynx tracks in the last 2 months than bunnies.  Last lynx the season was open but did not have my bow...   :knothead:  

I hear that bunnies are down Statewide, which is unusual they usually are upcycle somewhere.  I'm just hoping to find a spot or two with a few.

If we did something in the general Kenai area we could stage at my place, guess it just depends if anybody has a bunny spot to share for the day. I could make a pot of bear stew, my famous clam chowder lol, and throw a bit of moose on the grill.

I've got a home theatre that would hold a few but I would much rather hunt.

And yeah I'm not committing just throwing it out there.  I'm covered up with work most evenings and weekends for the next almost 2 months, we have a big regulatory meeting coming up.

And GrayRhino no I don't know Dave C.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©