3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: grizzly broadhead problem  (Read 275 times)

Offline rnldcramer

• Trad Bowhunter
grizzly broadhead problem
« on: September 07, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
I am putting grizzly 190s on screw inserts with aluminum arrows and have problems keeping them spinning well.  After sharpening, they are out of alignment again.  Any one see this?

ron c

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: grizzly broadhead problem
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
I've never had this problem with my Grizzly heads.  Are you making sure they spin before you sharpen them?  After sharpening, could you be changing the point shape?  If so, this could possibly make a difference.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
If I understand you correctly, they spin well but then don't after sharpening?  If that's the case you're altering the tip a bit when your sharpening, just throwing it off a tad.  Nothing to be concerned about, they are still straight.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
I sharpened mine like Littlefeather showed on here.It did change the bevel & point,but they still fly great.  Leland

Offline cajunbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
If you are spinning them on the point like a top and the tip is not square they will not spin on the point but may be on perfectly square.An arrow roller is better used to check straightness.You can put finnishing nails in an x pattern on a board for a cheap spinner.although one of the store bought models with bearings is better.You can make one of those at home as well with a litte more effort.

CB
"Forget your lust for the rich mans gold all that you need is in your soul...Find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget son,there is someone up above...Ronnie Van Zant "simple man"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©