3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: best quiver for hunting?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: best quiver for hunting?
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by tim roberts:

The Absorkee Quiver!  This is the Emigrant, it holds 5 broadheads, and has a dedicated pocket for a judo point or rubber dub.
Thanks Guys
Great quiver folks!
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline Randy Koleno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
The Arrowmaster is my favorite non-bow quiver.

The quiver offers a lot of arrow protection when going through thick areas. Hides colorful fletching if your worried about that. I have the storm cover to keep my feathers dry. You can move it around under your arms or further up your back as needed. Easy access (for me) to the arrows. And you have a pouch to keep some essentials with the quiver.

Offline jcp161

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »
Ok Seabound. How about a tutorial on that one? Nice quiver.
"In bow hunting, the goal is not marksmanship but shooting well. And shooting well, after all, is merely a matter of only taking shots you can make."-Hunting from Home-Christopher Camuto

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris:
I strongly feel that the GFA is the best hunting quiver available.

Roger,  Are the arrow grippers on that adjustable to slide up and down that rod or whats the idea behind the rod sticking out longer past the arrow gripper?

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
For me it's either a bow quiver or a cat quiver.

The cat quiver also serves as your backpack and has ample cords to use in attaching it to a treestand while hiking into the woods.

Another advantage of the catquiver is that it keeps your fletchings dry since they are hidden. The fletchings being hidden is also an advantage in certain situations.

One last thing I like about the catquiver is that the arrows are nicely tucked away on your back and don't hit things while you walk into the woods.

All that being said, I use a bow quiver for simplicity purposes!

Just some thoughts,
-Charlie

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
DOUBLE POST.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Prior to the last couple of years I used the Safari-tuff quiver and just hang it in the tree when in a tree stand. I like the pocket to store a spare string, compass, etc.

I don't like it as much when trying to sneak through brush. So, I tied a string to a one piece bow quiver and it was better.

This summer I just decided to make myself use a bow quiver that came with a used bow I bought. It is a Thunderhorn. On my Black tail recurve it works well, and after practicing all summer with it I think it is handier.

I think if I were you I would be a bow quiver like the Great Northern and attach a strap to it. If you decide in the future to try it strapped on the bow you are all ready to go.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Last weekend I went hunting on public land that was pretty thick. It was a spot and stalk. My back quiver got tangled up, trying to move very very slow. I got frustrated and hung it up on a tree branch. Took one arrow and walked around. Next day I took my side stalker, that was great except when i was crawling on hands and knees. That went on tree branch. Today went out with a bow quiver on my longbow. That seemed perfect for the conditions I was hunting. While carrying my climber, I liked the bow quiver, couldn't use my back or side stalker. In the open grass Hunting bunnies I really liked my Back quiver. While stalking the turkeys I liked my side stalker.
I guess you know where I'm getting at. They all have there uses for different types of scenarios. I'm fortunate that I can:
1. hunt different enviroment
2. use different quivers for said such conditions
It all depends, plus I had the chance to take the bow quiver off when shooting, two simple rubber straps, no noise, doe just didnt give me a good shot.
Good luck on your search, I know mine is enjoyable
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
No such thing as "the best" as that will be totally based on individual taste and preference.  I love trying lots of quivers and find that I use different ones on different hunts depending on the circumstances of the hunt. You just have to experiment.  It's fun!
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »
im going to make myself a pope and young quiver .it hangs strate down . and its on your belt so you can reach  down grab and run or sling it over your shoulder as a backquiver as young did In that short Alaskan adventures.but it was their chotce mainly for a sidequiver so it has a lot of merit.yeah no picture but everyone knows what they look like.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Wow, you are gonna get almost as many different answers as you will get replies.  This one you need to answer to yourself after trying about 50 of them.

I have and use a back quiver (Hill style), a Arrowmaster (my favorite non-bow quiver), a raptor style over the shoulder side quiver, a cat quiver and two different side quivers.  They are each a bit different and everybody has their own taste and needs.
ChuckC

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
I favor great northern quick mount quivers work great on my bob lee bows. They come off bow quickly hold arrows well and look great.
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline jlowrey75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
Catquiver 3 1/2! Awesome  pack/quiver.
BlackWidow PCHX 60"47@27
A&H ACS 60"49#@28
Centaur Chimera 60"50#@28

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
What Randy said- safari tuff if no bow quiver.

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by German Dog:

Originally posted by Roger Norris:
I strongly feel that the GFA is the best hunting quiver available.

Roger,  Are the arrow grippers on that adjustable to slide up and down that rod or whats the idea behind the rod sticking out longer past the arrow gripper? [/b]
Yes the arrow gripper is adjustable up/down the length of the rod.  The closer it is to the hood, the more  your feathers will be spaced apart.  Was designed so that you could adjust it according to the length of your arrow and the size of your fletching.

Offline bulldog18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
GFA for me.
Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Howard Hill Big 5, 68" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
St. Patricks Lake Mushin Styk 45@28
Black Widow PSA 60" 46@28
Black Widow PL 47@28
St. Patrick’s Lake Northern Styk 68” 44@28

Offline jkm97

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
I didn't like the ones that go on your bow either...until I tried one. My Eagle Flight quiver not only made my Widow quieter, but it also tightened my groups.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
I use a back quiver. It just seems right with my Hill bows. Since I hunt exclusively from stands, I don't need to worry much about how quietly it handles while stalking, but, rather, it is a freight hauler. I carry my arrows as well as extra things stuffed down in it.
Sam

Offline Skates

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »
Bow quiver hands down.  Too many advantages.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
We started making bow quivers for those guys who didn't want a quiver on their bow. We sell a lot of our 3 arrow and 4 arrow quivers to people who come back with comments like: "It's so light weight that I can't even tell that it's on the bow." Another one,like jkm97 said is: "It makes my bow quieter with the quiver on." Again as jkm97 said,"it also tightened my grouping." All quivers will not work well on all bows, but the right quiver on many bows will improve their performance. They also are very convenient.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©