3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: '59 custom kodiak replica or Bear '59 kodiak  (Read 1065 times)

Offline hunterjrg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: '59 custom kodiak replica or Bear '59 kodiak
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 07:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by mangonboat:
Many archery retailers who handle ANY trad bows keeps a Bear 59 re-issue in stock and you may be able to find one. The grip is unlike a KMag, Grizzly or Super Grizzly. The bow has a very fluid draw. Maybe you could ask if a TG member would be willing to lend you one to shoot for a few weeks if you pay the shipping. I have been dabbling in 59, 60 and 62 Kodiaks , had a 59 that was a joy to shoot, especially roving, and a real beauty..but not the perfect bow for me. But I sure liked roving the woods with her and she had serious mojo.
I was hoping someone would be local to let me shoot one of the new ones. I might just have to start stopping at all the archery shops I see on the way up north

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 07:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by stabow:
The difference IMHO  is one is a Bear the other is a copy......   :)  
Totally agree Stabo. I'm not saying the copies are not fine bows.  The Bear is not a "reproduction" but a reintroduction of a great bow that is tops I n quality.  It's nice to have choices and I really enjoy supporting Bear in what they are doing to re-energize their involvement in the traditional bow market.  I enjoy it a bit too much, me thinks! They have turned me into much more of a recurve shooter (and buyer) than I have been in years.   :)
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
We have about 25 59' Kodiaks in stock. If you buy one and choose to return it, you will only be out shipping. They are sweet however and I doubt there will be many returns.

BigJIm
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©