3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PA opener  (Read 389 times)

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
PA opener
« on: October 05, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Saw A Doe and two fawns this morning. But HOT and HUMID yuck. Going to wait till it cools off.

Offline delongbows

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PA opener
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
I'm with you....almost 80 degrees and sticky as hell. Thunderstorm coming this evening......hopefully cool it off a little for Monday.

Offline osagestick90

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
It was not as bad as I thought it would be, wet kind of cool and very foggy. At 7:30 I seen a deer shape at 60 yards so I went into stalk mode and closed the distance to 35 yards and then she slipped into the pines.

Plan to wait close to where I think she came out of for the afternoon hunt. Too bad squirrels are not in  :)
Toekle Classic Whip 62" 56@28

Browning Wasp 56" 45@28

Offline grouse11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Saw nothing this morning. Got out of stand at 9:00 to go help the farmer load two big flatbed trucks with about 700 bails of straw. After that don't think I'll head out tonight. Gonna stay in and watch some football. Good luck to everyone going out and braving the heat tonight.

Offline wigeon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
Heading back out saw a doe and fawn this morning .Good luck everyone

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
I had to fire up the Thermacell on my morning still hunt. No deer but the woods was beautiful.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
Saw three does this morning and the mosquitoes were BRUTAL where I was sitting!
Glenn

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Waiting for cooler weather next week.  Good luck everyone!
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Online Jeff Mccarthy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
Hunted the morning, I saw nothing, my Son saw a small buck at 50 yards eating acorns around 10:00 AM. Turkeys were all around, they flew down around 7:30 AM and did a lot of calling for a while. Assembly call, then the yelps, clucks, and purrs. It's always entertaining to listen to them.
Black Widow PCHV 55#@28" 58",  Robertson Fatal Styk 50#@28" 60", Blacktail Elite 55#@28" 60"

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
I shot a what would have been a eight point this morning the first day I don't think I ever did this before he broke half his right beam off. He was quartering away and walking I hit him in the tenderloin the arrow traveled threw him and poked out his elbow 18.5 inches of penetration min. He laid 50yrds from my stand.    Widow

Offline Sarah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
Got settled into the woods around 4 PM. Saw 4 does milling around at about 40 yards. They scuttled off after maybe 15 minutes, I think they caught my scent.

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
Good job Widow

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Scared two bedded fawns out from under my stand in the dark this morning.  They came back and bedded 20 yards from me an hour later.  They were bedded early and lounging around and bedded until I had to get to my son's soccer game. I think if I hadn't pushed them, they may not have moved. Saw absolutely nothing this evening, and that almost never happens with the vantage I have from this spot. Deer are real lazy in this heat.

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
Thanks Earl I was going to leave the stand at 9am but I was enjoying setting in the stand and did not leave at 9 I heard something in creek at first I thought it was waterfowl. Then I thought that does not sound like that and then I heard noises and saw bucks doing some friendly sparring. The sound stopped and I did not see anything then I saw that they worked up to the one side of me. The first one I saw was a 4 point then I saw a 6 Point. They were working there way over me then I saw a third buck it had a big body I thought it would have a better rack. Well It did but it broke halph the right side off I let the 4 point walk by me and then the 6 point walked by me I put tension on the string it was hard to let him walk past you know one in the hand but I did. I was glade to see the last buck was going to follow when he walked by I let the widow loose. Well you know the outcome.       Widow

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
No deer today. I did see turkeys in the morning. Called em in with my voice. Took couple hours till they made a circle and came back around. I was just hopping I didn't run into a bear this morning. I hate seeing those things. Bunch around climbing the trees and ripping and breaking branches off then coming down and eating the acorns off. Also smashing apart state planted apples trees.

I was just happy hunting today and not running into other guys
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Dale in Pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
No deer this morning,and too hot and humid for an afternoon sit.

I'm in 5C so I've been hunting for two weeks already.Saw several bucks already,a real dandy last wed. Hope to cross paths with him again now that he's legal.

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
Same here. Didn't see anything, too hot.

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
Two yearlings 5 yards from my stand but decided to pass. Had fun but it was way too warm to hunt even in the morning. Didn't even bother to hunt Saturday evening.

Ron

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
To warm to hunt 4 me.Waiting for the change that will come.Actually ran AC yesterday.
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
I just wish the north central big woods had deer. I hunt in Lycoming and Tioga county within any reasonable driving distance of our camp. I'm in the heart of the the deer reduction areas. I keep trying but it can get pretty hard to be optimistic.  So many thousands of empty acres could be groomed for deer hunting. But instead we just hope the trees grow in the next hundred years. I'm supposed to sacrifice my hunting for future generations. F that! I'd rather get in there and work and improve the woods so we all can shoot a deer now.
I hunted 9 full days of archery last season. No sightings of any deer. I did get on some sign of 1 buck as the season ended. I finally saw him in bear season the when bows season was over! He is a whopper.  I'll be up next weekend to give it a go.  I can't figure out why the deer herd isn't increasing in some of the deep woods areas I hunt. I rarely see anyone hunting anymore.
Tedd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©