3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Adaptor for String Tracker  (Read 250 times)

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
Adaptor for String Tracker
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Planing on going out to the eastern shore of Maryland for a little Sika Deer hunting.  In the marsh it is very difficult to follow a bood trail so I am looking at using a String Tracker.  What brand adaptor do you recommend for a bow that does not have a bushing in it.
T ZZZZ

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Adaptor for String Tracker
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Where you headed. Me and a few of my buds are headed to fishing bay Thursday night.
I love Bow Hunting

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
Great Northern I believe makes a strap-on adapter that is threaded for accessories.Straps on like their quivers.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Guru had a really good thread on how he mounts his to his quiver hood for turkeys.  Should work equally well for deer.  Maybe check over in the how to section for string trackers by Guru.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Check out the post on this page by draco:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000094;p=3  

Also, on pages 1 and 2 of that same thread, there are a couple more ingenious ways to mount a string tracker!

Bisch

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 06:55:00 AM »
We are heading over to hunt Insley.  Will be camping at Taylors Isl. I think I will look at the Great Northern.  I do not want to attach anything to my EFA quiver.  I like the one by DRACO but I think he used it with a bow that does not have a quiver attached.
T ZZZZ

Offline Rod Witkos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »
I made one from Draco's design and it works flawlessly.
“'I don't go into the woods to "rough it"; I go into the woods to "smooth it". I get it rough enough in the city.'

Horace Kephart, 'Camping and Woodcraft'; 1917”

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 07:30:00 AM »
Take a 1" wide 3" long piece of thin metal and drill a 5/16th hole near one end.  Bend the metal into a U shape. Buy a bolt that threads into the game tracker(bolt may be metric) and then attach that bolt thru the hole using a lock nut leaving about 3/4" of the bolt sticking out of the hole.  Screw your game tracker on.

I tape that holder onto my recurve where the bushing would have been installed. I also put some mole skin on the metal where it touches the bow so it doesn't scratch the bow.  Works great and its very cheap to make.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©