3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toelke Chinook Grip  (Read 162 times)

Offline Coach Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
Toelke Chinook Grip
« on: October 07, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
Tell me about the grip on a Toelke Chinook.  He has an in stock bow that is at my weight that I am considering.  I don't know that I ever got real comfortable with the grip on my GN Ghost.  I did like the grip on my  BW PCH.  I really love the looks of the Chinook and really want another 50's style recurve.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toelke Chinook Grip
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
great grip, nice deep locator without having a high grip, thumbrest is well placed, feels good etc.  I actually like the grip "feel" on the standard Chinook even better then the Classic Chinook.

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
X2
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
I really like the grip on mine. I like the grip better than the whip I had. It's a little fuller than the whip but gets my hand in the same location every time. It's a real quiet bow as well and is no slouch in speed. If you want some pics of my grip shoot me a pm with your number and ill text you some pics. I really like the standard locator grip although I have never shot the classic grip.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
Like Josh said, slightly fuller than a standard Whip and very repeatable shot to shot. Every Toelke bow is well-mannered and especially quiet, my Chinook was also very quick and unlike most recurves, very quick with heavy (11 1/2-12 to 1)arrows

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
They generally have a little more palm swell then a whip.  No comparison, the Chinook grip is much better then the Super Ghost and PSR I had.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©