3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kansas 2013 Deer Hunting Thread..Keep 'em Coming!!!  (Read 3371 times)

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kansas 2013 Deer Hunting Thread..Keep 'em Coming!!!
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
I rattled in a young 4x4 yesterday morning, probably 120"-125" class. I'm just starting to see some more scrapes and rubs! GOTTA LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!! Good luck all!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline rwbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
I haven't seen a buck in three weeks. Saw three youngsters sparring around in a field a few weeks ago and haven't hunted in that area since. Might be time to go have a sit over there in the morning. Sure been cold the past couple of days.
Shoot Straight..
Rory

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »
I have not seen any mature bucks at all. I have seen some scraps in a field I don't hunt but nothing in my area.

I have seen some does but only had a button buck in range and I try and let them walk. I will be out in the am for sure. I had 4 does walk in at over 250 yards but never came closer then 90. That is the only problem with sitting on cut fields. But We see dear more often then not in that field.

Offline rwbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2013, 04:46:00 AM »
That's a problem I had over the past couple of years Kelly. I was more of a 'rookie'  then and didn't realize that by watching those deer, I could almost pinpoint their trails used to access a field, then find a spot back in the woods to catch them moving. Granted, I wasn't very successful at first, this year I put that strategy to use and have done well.
Shoot Straight..
Rory

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
We just started hunting but it's been very, very slow. My brother passed up this little guy this morning. He grabbed a few acorns hit a licking branch and off he went.

We've had a couple cams out but got 10 more out yesterday. That might tell us a little more it has been very thin does and bucks wise because of the two years of blue tounge all though a lot of good scrapes are showing up and some good big rubs.

Here's a couple crappy picks of a few decent bucks.

Should get a lot better picks here shortly not copies from my sons cell phone. Good luck everybody!!!

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Cookie125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
I don't know that I would have been able to restrain myself if I had that buck by me. I haven't taken a buck with my recurve yet so I would be happy to take just about any buck with it this season.

Good luck on your up coming hunts.

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »
Nice bucks Tracy! I went out this morning and find a rub line and the community scrape. As I was putting a camera over the scrape a young 4x4 came walking in. I'll try and upload the video tonight.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Trapper nice deer.

rw it is only a matter of time before I get my chance. I passed on a shot this am because I really could not tell if it was a buck or doe. I know it was a big bodied deer. But at less then 10yrds from the base of the tree I was in I could not make out its ears so I had to let it pass.

I have not seen any real pre rut activity yet here. They should be getting amped up over the next week or so don't you think?

Offline rwbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
Looking good Tracy!
I'm with you Cookie: I've yet to take a buck and I'm pretty sure that guy would have made a nice mount for my place!

I hear you on that pass Kelly.

Kinda quiet where we hunt, except for the late zone duck opener. I think all the shotgun noise put the deer in a "fowl" mood.
Shoot Straight..
Rory

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
I had 4 people walk out in the field hunting Last evening and set up a camera until I walked over and asked them if they really were going to set up in the field I was deer hunting. The left but no deer showed.

Offline rwbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Code of conduct : there should be a hunters guide written on it somewhere. I've had guys walk within 100 yds of me setup, see me and proceed to walk directly past my stand.
Shoot Straight..
Rory

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »
My wife and I'll be heading out to the Great Bend area of Ks Thursday the 7th. It is a week earlier for us this year due to the moon and it has me all worked up.
I have been seeing such great activity out there during the middle of the third week of Nov. that I hate to change. It will be a great time no matter what happens and I'll be ecstatic to be there.
Years past, I had enough buck activity to be able to pass on some of the younger guys without fear. This year I'm hoping to see some improved antler growth  due to the ample rain my area received.

I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself...I guess I will know more about what went on by the time I come home  :)

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
BigJim it will be at bit early for the rut. They should be prerutting going on. But good luck.

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Congrats RW   :thumbsup:  

:campfire:    :coffee:
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Cookie125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
Big Jim good luck the Great Bend area is home to me and my family still hunts there, I haven't in a couple years but they have been seeing a few bigger deer than they have in the past. Hope your trip is a good one.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »
It will be good no matter if we take deer or not. we enjoy the company and the escape. Of course it is more fun to take or at least see a bunch of deer.

The last two years it has been hot and heavy ony 3 days after we are scheduled to come home...might have to stay longer  :)

I am pumped! I had to cancel my Minnesota hunt at the end of Sept due to work so this will be the last of my travels for this year. I have had a couple of invited already for next year to look forward to but won't pass up Kansas.

thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Online Basinboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
I think you will be right on time BigJim. I've had my best luck from the 10th thru 17th. If the weather is right you should see plenty bucks roaming. I'm leaving a week earlier than normal on Nov 1st because that's how my work schedule fell this year. If I haven't got it done in 10 days I will call in sick  :)
Good luck to everyone!
Primal Tech Longbow 42#@26” 62” amo
Palmer Longbow 43#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 48@26" 58" amo
Osage Selfbow 38#@26” 64” amo

PBS Associate Member
Compton Member

Offline Cookie125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
well I finally seen another buck during the day light, just not the buck I'm looking for.

Checked cameras as well and they have me excited to get out there and hunt.

Offline rwbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2013, 04:48:00 AM »
Man Cookie, that first big boy looks to be getting ready for the dance. Nice big swolen neck!
Shoot Straight..
Rory

Offline rwbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2013, 04:51:00 AM »
Good luck Jim and Basin Boy. Kansas bucks are ready for ya!
Shoot Straight..
Rory

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©