3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Noisy predator - help  (Read 908 times)

Offline ghoster808

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Noisy predator - help
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
My Predator with the 60# limbs were a bit noisier than with the 50# ones. I went to 2117s and it did quiet it down some. I the. Used cat whiskers cut to 1 1/4". This makes little round balls and I use 4. This made the bow dead quiet. Also I did make shims cut out of gallon milk jugs but that was more for the creak problem in one of the limbs.  I set up the cat whiskers according to fellow Hawaiian Ryan Sanpei's YouTube tutorial, which in my biased opinion is the best out there.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGuPxe1BMA&sns=em  His method allows you to tune the bow string to some degree. Oh by the way my Predator with 50# limbs is dead quiet, go figure lol
"Till The Wheels Fall Off"

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
I have to check but I think my pred is at 7 3/4 brace.. I have a SPD string with SPD wool puffs and even though I shoot a heavy arrow my bow is very very quiet.

noisy Preditors back in the day when a lot more people shot them around here where always low brace,   they are very fast bows so don't be scarred to go higher on the brace when I met Ron Pittsley at Denton hill he personally raised my brace and said leave it there,,,,,,, shimming the limb sockets with milk jug material (polystyrene I think) is a very good idea.
"Us vs Them"

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
OK, old-timey stuff here. Take the string off and wrap(serve) the last 8 inches on both ends with good wool yarn. If that doesn't cure the problem, mess with the nock point
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
fast bows always are noisy, and predators are fast. higher brace height,haevier arrow, flemish twist string, padded limb tips, and /or padded string loops, wool string silencers, all these will quiet it, they will also cost you speed, but i would rather have a quieter bow, even if it is slower.
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©