3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New bow problems  (Read 652 times)

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New bow problems
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
personaly I think if your arrows are flying true out of both bows you shouldn't be worried, both bows are two completely different monsters, they probably just don't shoot the same, I have never shot another bow that hit where MY bow hit, it takes some time for your brain to adjust for each one imho

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »
What McDave said...Get a martin archery pad.. It'll move your impact 4'' toward the right.. Guaranteed..
Blessings,
Steve

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by Piratkey:
The arrow spine look correct for me, but for be sure,we have to know you draw lenght,how thick is the strike plate,the string (material and how many srands).
Try to shoot some bareshafts and look wath happen.
I think than you problem can also come from you form (shoulders alignement or ?? ) .
Double check you hand pressure on the bow grip,usually on a longbow,the grip is almost straight and people use hand palm and "break the wrist" to put pressure on the bow grip, this kind of grip usually dont work very well on a recurve grip.
Hope this help     :dunno:  
Yves has got good suggestions here

Originally posted by jrchambers:
personaly I think if your arrows are flying true out of both bows you shouldn't be worried, both bows are two completely different monsters, they probably just don't shoot the same, I have never shot another bow that hit where MY bow hit, it takes some time for your brain to adjust for each one imho
and Jr here has a good point too.... the two different bows have a different sight picture and sight window shape... you may just have to have some adjustment time going back and forth if your arrows are flying good....

Offline MISSINGINOHIO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
I have this problem switching from recurve to longbow and its a matter of bow cant for me, my longbow cants more and the recurve less. Not sure if this makes sense to you but try it, it may surprise you.Good Luck
3 pc silvertip recurve 58"53@27
3 Pc Silvertip recurve 58"51@27

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©