3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cold Morning Traipse For Rabbits/Stumps  (Read 704 times)

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Cold Morning Traipse For Rabbits/Stumps
« on: January 20, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »

My hunting pal Dan, and I, took a walk this morning on State Game Lands 48, near my home.  As some mornings can be, it was chilly....no, it was cold, and the wind made it even colder.  It was definitely wool weather in Milligan's Cove and the dusting of snow added to the chill.

We walked the undergrowth; mostly white thorn, crab apple and multiflora rose, in search of cottontails and stumps. Leaving the parking lot, we meandered down the hill and into a fairly large grown-over meadow that looked to be a place where rabbits would certainly live.

Dan missed a bunny at the edge of the woods.. the only one seen during our outing.  The shot was a mere ten feet but was interrupted by a thick multiflora stem, luckily for Mr. rabbit.
The numerous ant hills didn't fare so well however, as we pummeled them with blunts and judos on our way back to the parking lot.

Seeking out another likely area, we walked an old railroad bed just off Highway 31 near town.
This section of railway was abandoned during the 1980's and subsequently reverted back to what nature had intended prior to its building...at least in this mile-long section.  Sign was prevalent but sightings were nonexistant.  There were several well used groundhog holes about so we had an idea where the rabbits were lurking today.

All in all, it was a pleasant walk.  Trophies taken included several dirt clods; two sycamore leaves; myriad stumps and several plastic bottles.  Only the bottles came home with us.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cold Morning Traipse For Rabbits/Stumps
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
Well done !
ChuckC

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
Sounds like a good time. I'm looking forward to gettin some in myself.
TGMM

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
Glad you had fun!  I've killed a few of those trophy class dirt clods myself...
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©