3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Scarcity of Arrows in my area and a question  (Read 565 times)

Offline The-Talon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Scarcity of Arrows in my area and a question
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
Thanks guys this is a ton of great information I take it big Jim is an employee at archers nook I will check them out and I will try to do some poking around . Hard to get out to London during the work week but I am going to try
Mother Nature is my religion. Tooth fang and claw.

Offline The-Talon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Also fletched my own arrow last night with a turkey harvested in the spring haha that was ... Interesting I definitely need to get a hold of a jig . I also don't have much trouble with squirrels with flu flus gotta get em close enough  ;)

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by The-Talon:
Hey everyone been browsing for awhile decided to finally make my first post. It's a question really.. In my area Outskirts of Toronto Canada.. There are no places that cater to Traditional archery or anything besides crossbows, compound bows or guns. I have tried a few different spines of arrows and from various materials.. Carbon, wood, Aluminum.. I really like the durability of carbon but I love the look and feel of wood arrows with my longbow.
If you feel up to it, you could take a trip to the other side of the lake and visit with us for an evening. There is a group of us that go to a local archery shop on Fridays that caters to both types of archery equipment. Fridays seems to be taken over by the traditional guys for the most part. Anyway, we have a bunch of different arrows that you could try and if you let me know you are coming I can bring along several wood spines for you to shoot to see what works best for you.

I will say that finding the perfect arrow, spine, length, weight, is a long process and one that shouldn't be taken too lightly. Enjoy the process.  :)
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline The-Talon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Where is "across" the lake haha I'm guessing New York ? Niagara side judging from your location . If that's the case I would have to get my passport together lol

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »
Those of us who spend way too much time on here forget not everyone knows who everyone else is...Big Jim owns a bow company and knows about as much about what works as anyone on the planet...when I say talk to the guys at Archer's Nook I simply mean to phone them initially...they are not all trad savvy there...they have guys who are...and both Big Jim and Archer's Nook will mail you anything you can think of at reasonable to exceptional prices...check out their websites and while you are at it take a look at git-r-done archery.com as well...I buy a lot of my stuff from Dennis as do people all over Canada...and you may have noticed you are now feeling a lot less alone with your search...that is what the tradgang is all about

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©