3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: stalker 3pc longbows thoughts and pics please  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
stalker 3pc longbows thoughts and pics please
« on: October 14, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
I'm thinking of buying one and would like any input from you guys who have them. Dome pictures would benice also. Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: stalker 3pc longbows thoughts and pics please
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
Great bow, greater bowyer! Call South and do a test drive, you can make your own assumptions. Don't overlook his static  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
I'll second what Ryan said! I had never heard of them till Hope 2011 came into my hands. I now own Hope 2011. It is one fine shooting bow.

Bisch

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I talked to South a little today 5-6 week lead time in over 20 yrs of Trad bows I have never heard that before! It's usually 6 months to a year and a half. I will definitely be ordering a bow from him, just trying to get some feed back.
Steve Jr

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
Bisch,, wasn't Hope made by Lewis Hollow Archery?
"Us vs Them"

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tajue17:
Bisch,, wasn't Hope made by Lewis Hollow Archery?
Which year of Hope are you talking about?

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Steve this is with out a doubt the smoothest bow I have shot. It really lets an arrow go with authority. Mine is a 60" Coyote 44# @ 28" One of the biggest things that sets these bows apart is their grip. They are highly contoured and just fit really well, I have no torqueing issues whatsoever. Also South is just a super guy to work with.

There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »
Those hope and faith bows are sweet! And Tristan thank you for sharing those pics that is a beauty.
Steve Jr

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
Hey Tristan what are the limb and limb cores that you have ?
Steve Jr

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »
maybe I was kidnapped by UFO's but Lewis Hollow archery made the Hope and Faith bows,,, Hope was right handed and 52# and Faith was left handed around the same weight.... awesome looking snake wood risers but two of the sweetest looking bows I ever seen, they where to be passed around for a year and auctioned for St Judes ..

I had Hope for a month maybe 2 or 3yrs ago but I know it was LHA because I ordered the same bow never getting to see it though because he went out of business..

now stalker bows might of made some tribute bows to those originals bows but they look nothing like the original Hope & Faith so I don't know maybe someone knows what I'm talking about because I can't even find them when searching now.
"Us vs Them"

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
Hope and Faith are made by different bowyers every year. Yes South made them one year I beleive Sarrels is this year.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »
maybe I was kidnapped by UFO's but Lewis Hollow archery made the Hope and Faith bows,,, Hope was right handed and 52# and Faith was left handed around the same weight.... awesome looking snake wood risers but two of the sweetest looking bows I ever seen, they where to be passed around for a year and auctioned for St Judes ..

I had Hope for a month maybe 2 or 3yrs ago but I know it was LHA because I ordered the same bow never getting to see it though because he went out of business..

now stalker bows might of made some tribute bows to those originals bows but they look nothing like the original Hope & Faith so I don't know maybe someone knows what I'm talking about because I can't even find them when searching now.
Every year a diffrent bowyer donates two bows to be Hope and Faith for that year. The bows are passed around for the year with a sticky thread at the top of the PowWow forum for all members to read about their adventures. Then the bows are auctioned of in the St Judes auction. In 2011-2012 South Cox of Stalker Stickbows made and donated Hope and Faith to the cause. As Ryan said above, Bob Sarrels of Sarrels Archery has made Hope and Faith for this year. It is a great thing done by great bowyers for a great cause!

Bisch

Offline Alltalk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 11:22:00 PM »
I love those bows. Quality
Randy
Trosper Trashy Trad Shoot
Ride Loud and Ride Proud

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
I seen a guy with one the Stalker Trad Shooting Hats on and ordered me and my wife each one cause they looked pretty nice, Dang Old South sent me one of his catalogs with the hats, man those are some sweet looking bows. I hope they don't ever get one at the local shop, I don't know if I could keep from breaking out the plastic if it were the right specs and shoots even half as good as they look in the catalog. Get a hat too when you order your bow, they are real nice too!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
I own the 2011 Faith bow which was built by South.
It is a fantastic bow.  There is nothing I would change.  South's workmanship is incredible.
I really do not believe you will have anything but great experiences with South and his bows.
I will try to post some photos of mine tomorrow.
Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Paul_R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Can't speak for the 3 piece bows but my one piece Dingo is awesome. Functional art. And the grip is perfect for me, fills my XL hand just right and puts my wrist right where I like it.
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 04:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bisch:

Every year a diffrent bowyer donates two bows to be Hope and Faith for that year. The bows are passed around for the year with a sticky thread at the top of the PowWow forum for all members to read about their adventures. Then the bows are auctioned of in the St Judes auction. In 2011-2012 South Cox of Stalker Stickbows made and donated Hope and Faith to the cause. As Ryan said above, Bob Sarrels of Sarrels Archery has made Hope and Faith for this year. It is a great thing done by great bowyers for a great cause!

Bisch [/b]
I need to pay attention more in these threads, thanks for bringing me up to date, T
"Us vs Them"

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Thanks Ken I like the pics, and would probably get a hat also they are nice. His bows are sweet lookers. I should have shot one at kzoo.
Steve Jr

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
I just bought the Coyote SL this year and I really like it. It is smooth and fast. I have only loosed one arrow out of it at a big game animal and it went where I was looking. South makes a great bow. This is mine. I had him skin it with bull snake skins from Mike Yancy.

I also took it to Alaska this fall and it weathered the Alaska elements without a worry.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©