3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Govt. shut down is shutting down my hunt.  (Read 222 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Govt. shut down is shutting down my hunt.
« on: October 16, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
Tried to hunt some federal land today, all the possible parking areas were blocked off. After finding a turn out along the road to park in, a ranger pulled up an asked if all was ok. I explained I was a bit annoyed about the parking shut down, but that I would hunt here. He quickly said, " you are not hunting here either. No one is hunting on this land as long as the Govt. is shut down." Well, I was about to let him have a piece of my mind, but I know it isn't his fault. Still a bit angry, but I have plenty of other land to hunt. Biggest disappointment is I saw a huge buck along this place just a day before. Well, I guess he will make it through another season.    :mad:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Govt. shut down is shutting down my hunt.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »
And all this time I thought the goverment (politicians) worked for us !!!!! I also had a hunt stopped due to the shut down. This is not the place to get "political", but I only hope that we have learned something by all this junk .  :dunno:
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline hardtimes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
We at least it was just a hunt. My wife and I had our lives stopped for this BS. Try to explain to your children you have no income because of those bums on the hill.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
Nope, didn't learn nuthin, just reinforced what I already knew...we're screwed!

Them clowns couldn't run a yard sale let alone the country!

Eric

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
What exactly is there about a chunk of forest that needs to be run by the government.  On any given day you wood walk in the woods hunt and leave and probably never see a soul. Not sure why they have to stop people from doing things that don't require govt oversight anyway.  
By the way,  what was the Ranger doing at work?
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©