3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Scrapes on the ground  (Read 215 times)

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
Scrapes on the ground
« on: October 18, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
I went out to and done some scouting today. I walked down an old logging road the deer seem to travel during the rut. What I found has me pretty excited. There were ten brand new scrapes with in the first 70 yards. I didn't go much farther in fear of bumping something. It rained yesterday and these had loose dirt and no leaves in them. It won't be long now for the boys to be on there feet. Happy hunting.   :goldtooth:
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Scrapes on the ground
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Around my way they seem to be up and moving.  I had pics on Sunday of a mature eight running another buck off at 5:40 on an oak flat.  I'll be set up there today by 4.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
Good luck Kyle. Shoot straight!
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
I went out Wednesday, there was a muzzle shooter sitting where I usually go. He seemed intent on taking a long shot out into the alfalfa fields. But oh my, you should have seen the buck that was sneaking behind him on the same trail that a group of does and fawns had just passed on. The wet ground and wind in his face must have prevented him from hearing the deer behind him. I was mentally coaching the big boy, "Don't snort, don't snort." He did not, it must have worked.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©