3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I feel kinda bad....  (Read 460 times)

Online Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I feel kinda bad....
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
We have never met, but I have read enough of your posts to know that you are a good, decent, ethical hunter. This bothers you a bit, it would bug me also. We aren't murderers, like the anti's like to call us. We have thoughtful and appreciative views of nature. We earn the privilege of hunting by wincing a bit in situations like this.

That said....I can't count how many muskrats I have trapped that only had 3 feet. I have killed 2 deer with 3 legs. He will either be fine, or he won't. Either way, you meant no suffering. You have my respect.   :thumbsup:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
I was think of this the last couple weeks and today as a couple sat a few yards out side my blind.  I had only broad heads.  I prefer something that doesn't slice of parts. I like field points best for sous from stands. You can still do the same with those but I figure it is a little more often a solid hit or clean miss. I have a tendency to miss them just a little.

Those things can heal fast.  I have gotten them with healed up holes and some nasty scars. Hard to recover from an arm loss, but that kind of thing is going to happen with bow hunting small game. It even happens with guns. After almost zero misses and no lost waterfowl last two years, I started off this year losing two well hit ducks in some thick cover on opening day.  Spent hours looking for them. I was really disappointed.

Often it is the lost ones that make the greatest impact on us about the seriousness of what we do. A quick clean kill is an easy end for an animal.  Something like this is harder to take but not a harder end than what most wild animals get.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
Wild animals seem (to me) to be a tougher lot than we might expect. He was hurting for sure, but will probably recover and learn to live with his disability. He'll be no easy mark because of it, I'd wager.
Of course you feel bad, most of us would and good on you for that. It's tough, but get back out there and make it happen the next time. Talking about it like this will help.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
You have been tricked by the rare "Ninja Squirrel."  They carry a small pouch of bloody squirrel feet so they can leave one behind any time a predator gets close.  

I can't believe you fell for that old trick.  Amateur.    :laughing:  

Kingsnake

Offline r-man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Funny there is a squirrel that has a nest above my blind spot in a tree and it has one paw missing , but also has some talon marks on his chest.  he was  lucky to excape a halk
Randy

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
As hunters we have to except the responsibility of our actions whenever we drop the string. Sometimes that means excepting the fact that we are fallible, whether in decision........or accuracy.
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 02:10:00 AM »
People  always say.  " it's ok" don't worry". Or "it happens"
But as humans we sometimes can't help but have feelings for our quarry.  Especially when we know our best effort  just didn't pan out for the best. It is part of what we do as hunters for sure. Maybe you'll get another shot at him. You never know. And it's ok to feel bad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©