3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Float Trip/Deer Hunt  (Read 721 times)

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Float Trip/Deer Hunt
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Big A for effort,wish the hunting was better.The woods in the pics looked very deery to me.

That's a cool raft and looks to be a lot of fun.   :thumbsup:
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline Machias

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
One thing I hope folks understand is I had a BLAST.  Only saw two other guys in 10 days and they were hiking the White's Creek Trail.  Very peaceful, very beautiful woods!!!  There are certainly deer there, just not the numbers I was hoping for and what was there was not moving much during the day.
Fred Moyer

History does not entrust the care of Freedom to the Weak or the Timid.

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
still sounds like a neat trip.   enjoyed the pics ya have!
is it September yet??

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
wow.. still looks like a really neat area, and seems like you had a great time- barring the fact that you didnt see much activity.
i have been trying to set up wilderness float trips here for the last few years- just cant seem to find people who really want to go on one, or some that do, but just cant make it- maybe i should just head out solo... ala Machias!!

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
Pretty looking country, that would have to be a good trip just being in a wilderness devoid of human activity. Maybe next time a lighter boat, and a lighter load? Kayak, or canoe maybe? I have worked over the years on backpacker super light gear, and you have to sacrifice a little on comfort, but not too terribly bad. I think I would really enjoy that trip. I may have to look into MO nonresident fees.....
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
At least you got a pic of the john.   :)

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »
So sorry to hear that your trip wasn't what you expected.  I was so excited to hear about this hunt. I remember you posting about it earlier.  It sounded like a great adventure.  I'm sure you still had fun though!  I didn't have a particularly great year hunting either...so at least you're in good company. haha

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
So sorry to hear that your trip wasn't what you expected.  I was so excited to hear about this hunt. I remember you posting about it earlier.  It sounded like a great adventure.  I'm sure you still had fun though!  I didn't have a particularly great year hunting either...so at least you're in good company. haha

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Sorry for the double post.

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
Randy Mo. Non resident is $225 with additional doe tags available .
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
I'll bet next time the river will be higher and it will be a whole different thing. I've done quite a few of those kinds of hunts and one thing you can count on the river will always be different every time you go. At least now you know what this river is like in low conditions and next time you can adjust to it. When it is running high you might have a new set of challenges like controlling your boat of finding a dry campground!
Member NCBA

Offline Machias

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »
Actually this river is almost all spring fed, some of the largest in the country.  It pretty much stays a constant level, unless of course you get a significant rain event and then it's usually blown out.  I'll have to either go by canoe and lighten the load or go in bare bones on the raft....but I'd have to see more deer than what I did to go back to that area.  I think I am going to join a buddy in west central MO on his lease next year.  Bigger deer on average and quite a few more.  Won't have the same adventure element but the hunting will generally be better.
Fred Moyer

History does not entrust the care of Freedom to the Weak or the Timid.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©