3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator fall gray inside a Double Bull?  (Read 159 times)

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
Predator fall gray inside a Double Bull?
« on: October 23, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
Just curious. Can a guy get away with wearing predator fall gray inside a double bull blind and not spook game?? The predator has a lot of white in it. I've never seen what it looks like from outside the blind so I am just asking for feedback if you have used it from a blind. In warm weather I wear black. In cold temps I wear predator fall gray in a variety of coats, bibs, etc.
Hill

Offline NWoklahomajacob

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator fall gray inside a Double Bull?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »
I've found that if you only keep one window open, you can get away with about anything. That's just how I do it.

Oh and I try to if possible have the open window on the north or south side of the blind.
>---->

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 06:12:00 AM »
You might get away with it, but you would be much better off with something a lot darker.  Black in a blind is the way to go.  Can you get an oversize black sweatshirt or something that you can put over the top of your regular camo while hunting from the blind?
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »
Go dark or better black. Any sunlight that creeps in thru the netting will highlight you. Dark face mask and gloves if nothing else. I shot a four pointer from my  Double Bull a few years ago. It kept circling the blind for about an hour and would only circle back when he could not see into it. I was not wearing black...just regular camo. I was able to shoot him thru a side vent when it was clear he was going to leave.  When I got out of the blind the deer got up 10 yards away and took off. I decided to give it the night. The next day Laura and I found the young buck about 75 yards away...turned out to be a liver shot. I had her sit in the blind. She had on Mosey Oak break up which is quite dark and the sun was shining into the blind. I could see her easily thru the netting from the outside, especially her hands and face which were uncovered. The Fall Gray is too light, IMO. By the way, I always shoot thru the netting. I've killed 6 or 7 turkeys and four deer doing that. It's a neat way to hunt and as I get older it is getting even more appealing.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Justin, I believe it was Guru that posted a vid a couple of years ago that showed him in the blind shooting with camo on as well as black. You could definately notice the movement when he was wearing the camo !
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
I understand the importance of black. I may need to be an XL pullover black sweatshirt to be safe. I do not want to blow it because I didn't spend $20 for a sweatshirt!
Hill

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
Yep, Black, black, black and don't forget your face and most importantly your hands.

Some sort of zippered jacket is best over your Predator camo. That way if you are on the way to or from your blind and need to put on a stalk it will be easier getting the black layer off.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©