3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEW SPONSOR - SPOT 360 Hunting Seat - Video page 7  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW SPONSOR - SPOT 360 Hunting Seat - Video page 7
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
Nicely done video !
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
Todd,
The video explains All my questions!  Got my seat today with a 17" seat & turkey post...just order one in between.  Winter hogs, spring turkey and fall deer plus my old bones will be comfortable.  Great product.  Thanks...tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline TJK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »
Todd,
That is a great video, The more I watched the more I liked it, you got me thinking now.
Tom

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »
Don, Hope to see one of those MO Bucks you been taking pictures of hit the ground soon.

Mr. Mac, Enjoy the seat and thanks for your service sir. A pleasure talking to a veteran.

Tippit, I am thinking you need to be the first person to take a hog on the Spot 360.

Tom, thanks for the comment on the video.
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
:campfire:  

Up for the video.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
I doubt the chair would may any noise if cold. I can stick mine in the garage tonight and the next few days and test. Although we're only in the 30's. But I sat in it on several hunts and nothing ever made even the smallest creak.

I'm obsessive/OCD about noise when deer hunting, as many are. Be it clothing, boots, creaky limbs, a squeaky shelf plate, finger tab, chair, whatever, I won't tolerate noise. That's especially true when hunting natural cover, on the ground, with light weight traditional bows at extremely short ranges. There's no room for noise at 8-10 yards on the ground. That said, I just can't see this chair causing any noise issue under normal cold temps. Now, temps in the dead calm single digits and below can just about make wool noisy, so anything is possible in extreme cold temps.

Offline Passage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
I ordered Spot 360 after watching YouTude video and speaking to Todd.  Great gentleman to deal with and product will be used for both deer and turkey hunting.

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
Do you have to use the rubber pads for normal ground?  Thanks.  Bill

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
I used the pads a couple times, but I found it works better without, in my northern/sandy soils. I would imagine whether to use or not would widely vary by soil type and region.

Offline Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Todd,
I have a question about this seat.  What part of the seat swivels?  Is it the part on the base that the legs plug into or is it on the bottom of the seat?  I'm concerned with how it works if the base is sitting in mud as in a cattail swamp.  Also,  how does it work in mud without the rubber pads?  Will it sink down in?  If it works in those situations I think it would be a great seat for some of the public land in my area and also for duck hunting.  
Gary

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Bill,
Mojo answered your question perfectly. It really is up to you if you choose to use the Rubber Feet on harder soils or not. There purpose is for softer soils so the legs don't sink.
Todd Trahan

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »
Gary,
The seat swivels in 3 places - On top of the SPOT, the bottom of the Pedestal and the top of the Pedestal under the Seat. If your leg assembly would be in the mud and not want to swivel at that point then the seat would swivel at the next easiest swivel joint. Pretty slick!

Here is a picture of the SPOT 360 set up in a muddy ditch this spring while turkey hunting. I had no rubber feet under the legs. I just let them sink until they stopped.

Without the Rubber Feet the legs will sink in mud and then the SPOT will start to resist sinking as well. The only thing you have to watch for is that the pressure is more on the Legs than the SPOT. If you were to sink down in the mud and your legs would be in soft mud but your SPOT would hit a hard chunck of dirt then pressure would transfer to the SPOT instead of the legs. You would notice this and may need to reposition the seat because it would get a little wobbly. The pressure needs to be on the tips of the legs to provide maximum stability and it does that on its own EXCEPT in those rare instances where something hard would be under the SPOT while the legs are still sinking.
Todd Trahan

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2013, 06:12:00 AM »
So my wife was just asking what I wanted for Christmas. I told her I didn't need anything. That may change now!   ;)
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2013, 07:00:00 AM »
Tom, that's what I'm thinking!!  Bill

Offline Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Todd,
Thanks for the reply.  That picture answered the question perfectly.  That sure is a slick design.  The cattail swamps I spoke of have ridges of dry ground that the deer use to travel but to set up 15-20 yards off the trail you might be in ankle deep mud.  This is on public ground where everyone else is in the trees and the deer when pressured head to the swamps. I will be ordering one in the near future.  
Thanks,
Gary

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Todd,

What about corrosion and care of the seat and metal parts, what is required to keep it maintained?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
Gary,
Your welcome and thanks for the compliment on design. Your area sounds a lot like some of the stuff we hunt here in the Atchafalaya Basin. Those deer sure ain't scared of water!

Take Care, Todd
Todd Trahan

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »
SMSBH,

I have a video that I have done that I send to every customer on care and maintenance. The video covers just the common sense issues that you would pay attention to with any metal object that you use for hunting. I don't know what will happen experientially because I have had zero issues in 2 years.

Basically you have to pay attention to moisture like with all things metal. If someone would store their seat wet for a length of time then what happens with metal would probably start happening.

I use Mineral Oil on all of the pieces of my seat. It is a water repellent as well as an oil and it is also oderless. It's also cheap - $2.00 for 16 oz. so I use it as much as I deem necessary depending on what kind of weather I am hunting in.

Pedestal - I treat the pedestal like a shotgun barrel on the inside. Everyone has a gun cleaning kit or a coat hanger. Just run a dry rag inside to get moisture out and then run a rag inside with some mineral oil on it and your good to go.

Legs - There is only one part of the legs that needs attention - the part that inserts in the SPOT because the rest is covered in truck bed liner. Keep dry and mineral oil. If any corrosion starts  - lite wire brush.

SPOT - Mineral oil in the holes.

Sticker Rod - Mineral oil.

Rubber Feet - Practically indestructible.

Seat Material - is lined with rubber to prevent moisture from getting in but if you hunt in a downpour or drop it in the water then the seat and back pouches unzip so you can dry out the parts inside.

If a part is lost or damage occurs because of corrosion that part can be replaced. It has always bothered me that most seats I have had, if one part broke the whole seat was history. Not so with the SPOT 360. Lose a leg, get another one. Pedestal gets corroded cause it wasn't taken care of, we send you another one and your good to go. Heck if you tear your straps or your seat material we can send you a shell of a seat and you can take your cushions out of the old seat and insert it in the new shell or we can send you another seat and you just use the leg assembly you already have.

I do not see why this seat will not last anyone who is willing to take care of it many, many years as is and if stuff happens we can solve those problems too.
Todd Trahan

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
I have spoken with Todd a couple times now. I don't have a seat yet, but I am positive that this new product will have a place in my future ground game. I have thrown a bunch of questions at him, and he has truly looked at his product from all angles. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline cloudbaseracer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
Is the reason that the rubber feet are not attached so the legs can be stowed in the seat section?  It seems like it would be easy to loose the pads as they are loose.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©