3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEW SPONSOR - SPOT 360 Hunting Seat - Video page 7  (Read 1570 times)

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW SPONSOR - SPOT 360 Hunting Seat - Video page 7
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Rob, Glad the seat is working for your brother.

3under, 300lbs for both models.
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
Great Todd,

Sent you an email.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »
welcome aboard, mssg. sent

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
Welcome, now how much does it weight?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
I like it! Welcome and thanks for the sponsorship.
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
SouthMS Bowhunter, The seat weighs right at 11 lbs. Doing the single pedestal design requires using materials that can handle the weight of a hunter.
I was hunting in MS this weekend. Some great deer hunting in your state!
Todd Trahan

Offline mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »
Looks interesting!  I'm 250lbs, if I lean back too much am I going to bend the center post or any other parts for that matter??

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 05:14:00 PM »
Man that looks great...especially the turkey hunting lenght....you got any in stock?
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
mjh, Thanks for your question.

If you use it as designed neither will you bend anything or tip over. If you throw your weight back you will tip over before you bend anything and that is by design. Let me explain.

This seat is different from typical chairs in that you do not have 3 or 4 legs providing a wide base on the ground and the connection of those legs under your seat. People already do that and that tends to affect the packability of the seat because you end up with a group of legs as one assembly. It is a very stable design which is why most chairs are made that way.

On the SPOT 360 the legs, base, pedestal and seat all disconnect from each other and that allows all of the base assembly to be carried inside the fold of the seat in a pouch that connects to the backrest. When you look at the picture of me carrying it I do not have a seperate batch of parts somewhere - everything is in that folded seat.

The connection point of those legs is low to the ground and my legs are 9 & 8 inches long. I use DOM Tubing for the center pedestal which is what is used to make roll cages and aircraft frame. I use 1/2" Cold Rolled Steel Round for the legs. Strong stuff! The length of my legs will not allow you to put enough pressure on the pedestal to break it because you will begin tipping the seat over IF you go back that far. You can make any chair tip over if you lean back far enough.
I will be glad to send you specifications on the materials that I use if you would like.
Todd Trahan

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
Joebuck, I do have some seats in stock. Thanks for asking.
This spring I hunted turkeys in a pop up blind for 2 hours to start the morning with the seat at 15"H. Nothing showed so I packed up my seat and decoys and went in the woods 200 yarsd away and set up at 8" H and all I had to do was carry a 3.5" pedestal in my pouch to accomplish this. I don't believe any other seat has this capability.
Todd Trahan

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »
I have bowhunted turkeys for a longtime with the Waldrop PAC seat and my own knock of it.  can't remember the exact distance my butt is off the ground but when I rest my recurve on the ground, it's the exact height it needs to be to shoot a bird at my decoys so I don't have to move the bow vertical.....so I could adjust your seat couldn't I?

Offline mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
Todd thanks for the response!  You know how it goes clumsy hunter tipping over all the time, not trying mind you, but gravity pulls yea down sometimes.  Seems like a robust design.  I'm looking forward to some more user reviews and with Christmas coming I'm always told to make a list, gotta watch my own spending though before hand...

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
Joebuck, I can put you at whatever height you would want to be when you order a seat by sending you the correct length pedestal. If you ever want to change your height in the future just let me know and we can send you another pedestal at whatever length you want.
Todd Trahan

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
mjh, I understand. A man has to know his limits. LOL! Only you can decide what would work for you and your style of hunting. If I can help in any way let me know.
Todd Trahan

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Do you both pedestals with it, to make it useable for a pop up blind and lower to the ground in a natural blind?
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
Gen273, For deer in natural cover I hunt with my seat at 15"H which is the same height I use in pop up blinds for deer and turkey. The pedestal at that height measures 10"L. On the story I related about the turkey hunt in the spring I was carrying my 10" pedestal in the designated pouch that is part of the seat and carrying the 3.5" (turkey) pedestal  in the same pouch that holds the SPOT which is the circular disc that the legs go into. When I set up in either situation I just pull the extra pedestal out of the pouch so it is not in my back when I sit down.
What's neat about the SPOT 360 is you can get the seat to be at whatever height you need it to be for whatever situation. For instance, Rob W hunts at 12"H in the woods and I like 15"H. He is taller than me but he likes to be lower profile so his pedestal is 8"L.

If you would want to sit at one height for your pop up blind and then lower when you are in the woods it would just require you purchasing an extra pedestal which are under $10.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Todd Trahan

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
Thanks Todd...i like your design...let me scratch up some coins...good luck with your invention

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
I'll post more in a bit, when I have more time, but I got on of these seats and it's the best all around seat I've used to date. I strongly suggest this chair.

I know there are other really sweet high end chairs out there, but given weight, size, ease of transport, comfort, setup time and quietness, this chair best met my needs. Once you do it a couple times, you can have it setup in less than about a minute.

My biggest requirement was seat height, since I have bad knees. Most chairs are way too low for me. The big man chair can get me to about 19" to seat height. If you're over 6' tall with bad knees, that's a huge factor.

And the bonus, Todd informed me that I was the first person to kill a deer while sitting in one of his chairs.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Looks like a nice chair, but for out west here most of us have a pack on already. How does it ride on a pack? And I wonder how it would be after having it on your back all day? It looks compfy though!! Might have to look at it closer. It would be real mice on an upcoming late season elk hunt. Welcome!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »
Mojostick - You are indeed the first person to take a deer on the SPOT 360 Hunting Seat since I started selling them on October 1 !!! Only fitting I suppose, since you were the very first hunter to buy one as well - so you are 2 for 2 brother!! Congratulations!!

I am sure others who have invented or manufactured things for hunters can relate to how it felt to hear you on the phone saying that you killed a deer with your bow while on the SPOT 360. I bet guys who make bows understand that as well as anyone. I don't know how to explain it but just that it felt really neat to know you were sitting on a seat that I had something to do with when you harvested a deer. Very, very cool!!!

The seat you have is actually not the "Big Man" model - you have the Standard SPOT 360. We can get both models up to 19"H if needed. The "Big Man" has a bigger seat and back. 18"W as opposed to the Standard SPOT 360 which is 14"W.

The Standard size will handle people with much wider hips than 14" because the adjustable back straps just get pushed out on the side of your hips and it does not affect the operation of the seat at all.

Congratulations again on a fine deer and I wish you many more!  :clapper:    :clapper:
Todd Trahan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©