3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEW SPONSOR - SPOT 360 Hunting Seat - Video page 7  (Read 1569 times)

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW SPONSOR - SPOT 360 Hunting Seat - Video page 7
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
Steadman, First let me say that those decals you make at Hardcore Archery are awesome and thanks for the welcome.

The first way I carried the seat in the prototype stage was inside a backpack that I had. We did not have the back pack straps at that time. In order to carry it on the outside of a pack you would have to have a back pack that had the proper straps or the ability to fasten straps to the back pack and hold the seat to ride it on the outside.

Having elk hunted on 3 occasion before in WY. & NM, I would not carry this seat if I were roaming and calling trying to set up on elk. Just not necessary for that style of hunting. The situation that the SPOT 360 would shine in concerning elk would be water holes in my opinion and would be fantastic for Pronghorn Anteplope as well.

A guy in MA who has a SPOT 360 hunts some bitterly cold weather and carries a lot of clothes in a backpack for his sometimes 2 mile hike in to his spot. He dresses real light for the walk and then changes once he arrives and cools down. He told me that he was going to strap it to his backpack. He has a back pack that has that mesh type pouch on the back so the seat sits in that and then he cinches the seat to his pack. I am looking forward to his reports on how that works for him. He has taken some big deer by MA standards and hopefully I can get him to send me some picks of how he is packing it.

Remember, that you can carry the seat over your neck (like a bow quiver strap would) or just on your shoulder using one cushioned shoulder strap and the seat would ride on your side. (See pictures in previous post)That is easily accomplished by removing one of the two back pack straps completely and then connecting the bottom of the other strap to the top buckle on the other side of the seat. Take care,
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Thanks Todd for the compliments and the info. I hear you on the spot and stalk, but sitting over water or trails for elk or muleys is what I was refering to. Thanks again!!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »
Awsome Seat!! I love the Backpack carry set-up!  :thumbsup:   Something else to save my Pennies for!!  :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
Steadman, sorry I misunderstood. When you said having on your back all day I assumed you were roaming. It would work great for water and trails.Take care,
Todd Trahan

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
Shakes.602, I appreciate the compliments. I love the back pack carry as well. The shouder straps are 2 1/2" wide and are cushioned and we also made the sternum strap adjustable vertically which allows you to place the strap as low or high on your chest as you wish. It is amazing how much being able to do that accents the comfort of carrying it.
Of course you can tighten or loosen the strap horizontally as well. Take care,
Todd Trahan

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
No bud you were right. I like to roam but sometimes find a hot wallow and a compfy seat would be just the ticket to hang out the rest of the day. Thanks you answered perfectly.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Skates

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »
Nice looking ambush seat.  Have to look into getting one.

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
Skates, thanks for the compliment. Everyone who has tried or purchased the seat has liked it better than any seat they have used.
Todd Trahan

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Todd,

Big welcome from Louisiana.

Looks sturdy and nice concept.  Mostly stick to trees, but if I start ground hunting more would check one out.  Guess this would work for doves and squirrels too.   Is it real quick to set up for moving around?
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Hey LimBender, Thanks for the welcome. I actually shot some doves off of it in September. I sure did not make it for that but it works great. I carried it in the field backpack style over my hunting vest and it was the ticket! Doves were coming from all different directions so being able to spin around to look for doves coming was sure a lot better that a non swiveling seat. I made 3 moves that day on the way to a limit of doves. Takes a minute to take down and a minute to put together.

I haven't used it to squirrel hunt yet cause I love to deer hunt so much but I know it will work great for that because as I am deer hunting I got squirrels dropping stuff on my head. I think it would help a person like me that's a little impatient when squirrel hunting to sit tight a little longer and you could carry it just like for doves - over your vest.

It is very sturdy!!

I am near Lafayette. Where are you?

Take Care,
Todd Trahan

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
I said I'd add some more about the chair, but I've been super busy.

Long story short, I've searched far and wide for chairs, I've owned my own sporting goods store, I've worked at Cabela's, and this is the best chair I've found for my needs.

Keeping in mind, if people can spend $200 plus on a climber, $200 for a killer chair that you'll use for years is not out of line.

It's portable and setup is fast. And, most importantly, it's comfortable and dead quiet.

Now, I want add that I know Scott that makes the Huntmore chair. He lives near me and I bought lots of fly fishing inventory from him when I owned the fly shop. I like Scott and he makes a fantastic chair, too.

So this isn't a this chair vs that chair online debate war. Both chairs have their best benefits.

So, with that clarification, for what I wanted out of a hunting chair, the Spot 360 serves me better. Other chairs may suit others better.

But as far as I'm concerned, my long search for the "high end" super hunting chair is over, until there's a Spot 360 2.0.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
Just what I've been looking for! Here comes my order...
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Mike Falkner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
Todd,
I'm liking the looks of this seat a lot.  Can you expand on how the legs adapt to terrain?  Aside from where you put the Y?  When ground hunting I like to back up to a tree big enough to block my silhouette, but inevitably there's a hump right at the base of the tree.  Can you adjust the seat to sit roughly level on a slope?
Mike

Psalms 44:6

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
Quick response from Todd- looking forward to getting mine.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Mike,
I am going to send a video to your e-mail that will show you how dealing with inclines works. Round peg in a round hole - literally.
Todd Trahan

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Todd,

Could you send me the video as well?

Thanks
Charlie
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
Charlie, Will do brother.

Take care,
Todd Trahan

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2013, 05:21:00 AM »
Todd,

Welcome, please send me the video, thanks William.
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »
welcome
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
William, Videos have been e-amiled to you. Any questions please let me know.

Bearclaw-  Thanks for the welcome.
Todd Trahan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©