3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEW SPONSOR - SPOT 360 Hunting Seat - Video page 7  (Read 1567 times)

Offline mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW SPONSOR - SPOT 360 Hunting Seat - Video page 7
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
Not sure if this has been addressed I haven't been able to follow all the pages.  How is the base on uneven terrain???  My last outing was on a slope, I was using my folding 3 footed double bull chair, hand to pile up some bark and half logs to get stable.  Todd you've got my email if you have a base video please send.  Thanks!

Offline Gregg S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2013, 06:15:00 AM »
I'd also like to see some pics of it on a slope and how to use it near the base of a big tree with some roots. I presently use the wood rope on type seat for that reason. Thanks.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2013, 07:25:00 AM »
I spoke with Todd for quite awhile yesterday. I'm ordering one of his seats just based on him being a heckuva good guy.    :)

Todd has a pretty good understanding about ground hunting, we talked about the Nordberg books and Dr Nordbergs description of what a hunting seat should be. I think it's important to note...Todd didn't just create a new type of seat. He created a seat with ground hunting with a bow in mind. I'm sending him a check this week, and when I get mine I will give it a good, honest workout.

Order with confidence guys, Todd is the real deal.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »
Thank you for becoming one of our sponsors Todd.

I just sent you a pm basically asking about set up on hillsides and tough spots.

I loved the question about those trees with large roots extending out at the base.

I look for to getting a little closer look at your chair and it's application in hunting situations that reflect where I have to hunt.

Thanks again!!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
Todd,
I can't go turkey hunting this spring with Joey and Not have the same seat he is using    :)     My Waldrop seat is set up like Joey's...but I had some problems with it this past spring.  When sitting for a long time & swiveling, I developed a raw spot on my tail bone.  Trying to adapt for spring turkey 2014, I purchased a high end cushion for comfort but I don't think it will help in swiveling side to side.  The other problem is packing it in a duffle for airline cargo.  

I still hunt out of tree stands for deer even at 67 years old.  Without my son's help in setting up a safe harness system (search Tippit's Tree Stand Safety System in PowWow), I'd be on the ground all the time...will probably be doing more ground hunting in the future anyway.

Long story short, I need one of these before Joey gets his hands on it   ;)     tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Mike Falkner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
Get him to send you the videos; it's crystal clear on there about root balls/inclines.  Very slick concept.
Mike

Psalms 44:6

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Roger - Great talking with you and thank you for the kind words! I look forward to your opinion of the seat.

To everyone else. I will get the videos to your e-mails ASAP.

Thank you for the inquiries!
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Could you please send me the video, [email protected]

Thanks,
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Todd,
Has it been tested in the 10-20 degree range?  Our Michigan December late season finds me on the ground out of the windy trees and the December woods can be super quiet, so cold weather creaks are a no-no.  This buck was taken from a ground blind on a 19 degree night last December at the start of a lake effect snow 'storm' (it dumped 10 inches overnight-light winds from northwest coming over the lakes do that to us). It was not blustery, so the woods was quiet. When I saw the buck working down the ridge, I had to sit forward in the competitor chair to avoid the creak that often happens in cold weather when I move. I would like to avoid that.  

[/url] [/IMG]
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline neargeezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
I would also like to see the video as I deal with roots and hills wherever I go.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Terry K.

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
Terry, E-mails sent. I should have all the videos out to everyone who asked. If you do not have them and you asked for them please send me another message and accept my apologies ahead of time if I missed you.

I really appreciate all the interest and comments.

Thanks,
Todd Trahan

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
Ray,
Last year my good friend and hunting partner took our prototype to Kansas for 3 weeks to hunt whitetails. (Poor sucker)  :rolleyes:  If I am not mistaken he hunted in 13 degree weather. I have a text in to him now to clarify but seeing as he is in Kansas again (Poor sucker), I am not sure when I will hear back from him. I do know he is hunting today in 19 degree weather. He has never once told me the seat squeaked.

The way the seat is constructed and how the seat swivels I really don't see how cold weather would make it squeak. As you know metal expands in warm weather and contracts in cold weather and I believe the parts do this in sync with each other because everything is in the same temperature.

I have installed 1/4" foam sheeting between all the pieces in the seat cushion and back cushion part of the seat so that fabric does not rub and make noise when you lean back and the side straps tighten against the base or the stiffener board in the back.

I cannot have a seat that makes noise where I hunt either because we get those same very quiet days in the woods where you wonder if a deer could here you breathing when its gets close and the adrenaline starts pumping. I believe we have this covered.

When I hear back from my friend in Kansas (poor sucker) I will let you know. I hope this helps.
Todd Trahan

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
OK, thanks Todd.  I just talked with Roger Norris (my fellow Shrewhaven Lodge member) and I do believe we're going to have to label the bottom of our chairs. Will call you soon for an order.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »
Ray,

It will be an extreme honor knowing that you and Roger would be hunting off a SPOT 360 Hunting Seat at Shrewhaven Lodge.

Look forward to speaking with you and thanks.
Todd Trahan

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
Ray, My buddy got back in touch with me about the cold weather and any noise. His words, "Quiet as a mouse."
Todd Trahan

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
Got my seat this week-  Everything I hoped for! I really like the adjustable sprung back that gives with your movement. Todd sent me a third shorty pedestal, too, in addition to the extra one I ordered, so I now have three seat heights to choose from. Good work, Todd!
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Mac Hicks

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Got my seat today also...this thing is really nice!  Hope to break it in tomorrow and get a feel for how it handles the hilly terrain that I hunt.  

The setups I have tried so far seem very stable and make for a very comfortable sit.  Very nice design Todd!
U.S. Navy Retired 1965-1989
TGMM Family of the Bow

There are 2 secrets to wisdom: 1. Never tell everything you know.

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
I have put together a video that shows the Spot 360 Hunting Seat and Bow Holder as well. Just click the link below to view.

Todd Trahan

Offline Mark Normand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
Todd, where ya located?  I'm in Lafayette...might make a visit if you're close. PM if needed, thanks!
Stalker ILF recurve
Dakota II longbow

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Mark, PM sent.
Todd Trahan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement