3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Weighing in from Missouri, Trail Cam Pics  (Read 354 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Weighing in from Missouri, Trail Cam Pics
« on: October 29, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
A few pics from the trail cam in Missouri. Too bad the boss has me working every stinking Saturday, the past 2 and this coming Saturday, probably post OT next Saturday as well?    :banghead:  

It's really killing my bow season and I only have 1 week of vacation to use so I'm trying to plan it wisely to hit the rut just right.

Tall, Wide 8pt. not real massive, but should hit mid 140 ish? Maybe more? Check out the G2's on this guy, Wow! I'd have to give him a ride in the back of my truck to find out just how big he really is! LOL

10 point Stud and I Really Like This Buck!Maybe 140 ish? But dang pretty buck.  

~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline bigb3303

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Weighing in from Missouri, Trail Cam Pics
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:03:00 AM »
son! those are some studs! Good Luck! Mabey you should use a sick day? Buck fever is bad right now

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »
thos are some great deer hope you geta wack at em!!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 06:19:00 AM »
Good grief Chris how are you able to hold yourself together just knowing those two bruisers are breathing the air around your hunting spot....lol

I hope you get some time to pursue them....with stick and string of course.

It was good to have you post Chris. I think it's been nearly a month since your last post.

Don't be shy and keep sending photos. Hope one with you giving one of these bad boys a lift..lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »
Great deer! I'm coming to Missouri on the 1st to hunt for a week.  Leave a note in the woods and tell that buck to send his friends to queen city next week.

Wish you all the luck on getting one of those boys!!!

Offline Machias

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
Heading your way on Friday for 3 weeks of non-stop hunting.  Can't wait!!  Thanks for stoking the fire even more!!
Fred Moyer

History does not entrust the care of Freedom to the Weak or the Timid.

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
I sure hope you get a chance at them during shooting hours!!!  I'd like to see a hero pic of either!

Good luck!

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
Very nice, Chris.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
Thanks fellas!
Yeah, it's tearing me apart Mudd! Best bucks I've had on trail camera for years and I've got very little time to spend in the woods, go figure. I just have to take advantage of every minute I can to be out there, almost makes me sick to my stomach.   :(  

Glad y'all enjoyed the pics and I'll post more as I get them.
  :campfire:  

MO

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Dandy bucks. Will keep an eye on this thread   :campfire:
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 12:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by Machias:
Heading your way on Friday for 3 weeks of non-stop hunting.  Can't wait!!  Thanks for stoking the fire even more!!
I envy you brother, you get more time to hunt my home state than I do. Next year will be different, I'll have 2 weeks vacation to play with and I Will Use It Wisely!   :saywhat:  
With the implementation of the "4pt. rule" the bucks are definitely getting bigger in Missouri. I'm totally in favor of that rule myself, but yet down here in the S.E. corner of the state we aren't included in that ruling. I can shoot a spike if I wish, or a 3x2 small racked young buck. I don't, but I can if I want. I wish the state would make the 4pt rule statewide, and only allow 2 extra doe tags per hunter. I think the herd would take care of it's own. In the next 3-4 years we would see bigger bucks everywhere.
I'll be checking cameras on Sunday, reply with pics Sunday evening.

MO

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
Nice for sure.  I am heading up to Dade Co. to hunt my farm in a week or two. I have some nice ones like those I am hoping to get a crack at.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
I hunt in Washington Co. and bucks like these I've caught on camera are just not that plentiful in my area, but for some reason I've found that "golden spot" where they seem to cross through or like to hang out? Lucky me I guess? My time is limited trying to balance work, overtime, and time in the woods. I just might have to tarnish my good standing with the bosses and skip school in the next couple weeks?    :goldtooth:

Offline Machias

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »
I grew up in MO, up near Sedalia, little town called Windsor.  I used to come home and hunt with my Dad every fall.  He passed away a few years ago and I haven't made it back for a while.  I so cannot wait.  Going to hunt the Irish Wilderness for all three weeks, should be alot of fun!!!  Good luck on them bucks!!!
Fred Moyer

History does not entrust the care of Freedom to the Weak or the Timid.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
Some good deer come from around that area near Truman Lake. There's quite a bit of public ground around the lake that guys can hunt.

Here's the latest pics from this past week. This trail camera is a great teaching tool that tells me what phase the rut is in and how things are progressing. Mainly, I have my first doe visiting the scrape. Which tells me that the does are just about ready or at least this one is leaving her invitation at the active scrape that my camera is pointed at. I've got a couple of new bucks that showed up also. I am seriously thinking about putting up my deer blind watching this section of the property because I have my first day time pictures of deer, or at least does, bucks are still nocturnal but it won't be long before one of those does comes cruising past with a buck on her A$$. I've got the rest of the weekend to get something working and I'm thinking that this spot may be my best bet? Who knows, ya just gotta be out there and see what happens cause you ain't gonna kill nothin' sittin' on the couch in your living room!   :knothead:  

Whoa! Back off big mamma!

Big mamma working a scrape

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
Go get em!  Enjoying your thread.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Thanks Buck. Hopefully I'll get something working tomorrow.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 07:04:00 AM »
Thanks Chris!!

You may not know it but you may have done some educating here as well as just sharing cool stuff.

I wonder how many ever gave thought to the actually probability of getting a shot at a doe while hunting a scrape or scrape line.

There are scrapes and then there are "scrapes" and I believe it's the latter  you've taken a picture of based on the doe marking it.

Bucks mark territory with small scrapes and these are fun to hunt but nothing compared to monster scrapes that every deer in the area seems to visit.

Good luck and good hunting Chris!!

If you manage to get it this time of year here in Missouri..it's gonna be "quality time"!!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Thanks Mudd, I like to share my experiences and who doesn't like looking at pictures?
The deer in my area seem to be locked on a morning pattern, then nothing midday, nothing late evening until after dark and that's when the bucks come out. That to me seems like we are in the "seeking or searching phase" of the rut, which precedes the full rut. When the full rut kicks in that's when I start to see more bucks during daylight. I have yet to see any chasing going on. I did get busted on the ground by 2 does this morning, then about 20 min. later they came running back with a spike buck in tow. He was a little guy that fed for a few minutes just out of bow range or I would have put him in the freezer. LOL Anyway, still nice to see deer moving on a cold crisp morning, stout cold breeze out of the NW and I left when I got chilled.

I had to do a bit of work on this photo because the buck was so far away from my camera before it got a pic that it was nearly out of range. I inverted the black/white then highlighted the backlight, and sharpened. Looks like a nice buck and I can't tell from the pic but he may be or may not be one that I have on camera so far? Anyway, hope y'all enjoy!
I nicknamed this one the Ghost Buck.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 07:09:00 AM »
Chris,

How about I be a pal and come over MO and take care of them bucks for ya. That way you don't have them out there to taught you while you are at work.

I have not seen it pick up here yet either. Next weekend should be a good one. And I will have 4 days to hunt!

Thanks for shareing,
Kelly

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©