3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New (to me) Quinn Bow  (Read 359 times)

Offline Bulletpusher

• Trad Bowhunter
New (to me) Quinn Bow
« on: November 01, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
Friend had this here bow....etc., etc.

Well my friend has sold me his recurve take-down, and no I'm not going to tell how much I paid for it, just to say it was a fantastic price, and I couldn't pass it up.  Took me a little while to remember who Quinn Archery was.  When I remembered I got a little excited.

This is a Quinn Stallion, 55 lbs. and so far it is shooting very smooth.  I test drove it a couple of days ago and took it home last night.

I've been hunting racoons at night at my house for years, and been using my Bear Montana since January.  Well I tried the Quinn last night after just a few test shots at an old stump in my yard.  I didn't make a kill yet but I did roll one purdy good.  Hit him in the chest under his chin and did him a back flip.  Not exactly where I was aiming (you know forehead) using my 2314 xx75's with the 100grn hammer head blunts.

Was kinda fun.  I've killed a few using the same arrows on the Montana, with head shots and I've rolled a few too.  The only complaint I've got is that after holding and shooting the Montana for these many months, coming to full draw on the Quinn and holding all of that weight up waiting on the coon to finally come into clear view is a little tiring.  The Montana is a feather compared to the Quinn but they both shoot smooth.

I've got a Bear Kodiak Hunter (40lbs.) that I was using before I got my Montana and it was and is still a sweet shooter.  The Quinn shoots just as good as eather one of the other bows its feals closer to my Hoyt ProTech in weight.

Bulletpusher
One Shot One Kill!
Bulletpusher

Archer's do it Standing Up!

Lo do they call to me. They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New (to me) Quinn Bow
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
Quinns are great bows.  I have one and have hunted with it many times!  Tune up some good arrows and go to it.  I hope you enjoy it!

I wish they were still in business.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
I am a Quinn a holic. Wish they were still making them, best bow for your buck on the market in my experience!
samuel koger

Offline Bulletpusher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
I remember hearing about Quinn bows for quite a few years and looked over some of them on the Quinn website way back when.

After David Quinn and his Wife passed away, I thought the chances of owning one was gone.  Then I read and heard that Terri Quinn (the Daughter) was trying to give it a go.  Then I never heard anything else and passed on the thought of ever owning one.

Now I've got one from my friend and I've got to play with it for a while.

I've already talked to my oldest Son into making me a new Flemish string when I get a chance to go and see him sometime soon.

I've been wanting a take-down bow for a number of years, just didn't think it would be a Quinn.

Just lucky I guess
Bulletpusher
One Shot One Kill!
Bulletpusher

Lo do they call to me. They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Offline TJK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 07:38:00 AM »
Congrats, Quinn,s are just about bomb proof. I have had a couple, smooth, reliable shooters.
You will love it.
Tom

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
Bulletpusher, enjoy your Quinn Stallion! RIP David and Peggy.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline Bulletpusher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
One Shot One Kill!
Bulletpusher

Offline Bulletpusher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
Ok, everyone I've had request for shots of the bow from some other places.  Here is a shot of the Quinn bow and a 6-shot group.

Bulletpusher

P.S. Sorry still haven't figured how to make the photos come up on this thread.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1802003&d=1384037681&thumb=1
One Shot One Kill!
Bulletpusher

Offline Bulletpusher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
Did a little wand shooting last Saturday.  Shooting the Wand, something that was supposedly done in Marry Old England in the deep past.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1808578&d=1384780251&thumb=1  

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1808579&d=1384780301&thumb=1  

It shoots real good if I hold my tongue right.

Bulletpusher
One Shot One Kill!
Bulletpusher

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
Nice groups!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©