3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Well, folks...  (Read 342 times)

Offline WYarcher8923

• Trad Bowhunter
Well, folks...
« on: November 01, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
Rifle/deer season is 9 days from over here in my area of Wyoming.  It'd been two years since I'd been able to hunt a season and it's not been too bad.  Be honest I nearly burned myself out hunting basically 15-20 days straight.

Another season with a rifle reminded me why I like bowhunting so much: Carryin' a lunk of metal around is a mild hassle and you can't take advantage of those adrenaline-filled moments of flushing grouse, rabbits, etc. without spooking every deer a mile away.  I'll always hunt with whatever I feel like that day but, man...the bow just feels good. always.  

Until the 10th, private land such as the ranch I work on is open for deer.  I'm excited to go after the whitetails on the property because even my rookie self can get within range if I try hard.  It's gonna feel good to have a curved piece of wood in my hand again.  

I know I'm preachin' t0 the choir here, but I figure y'all can empathize with this excitement.  Good luck to you, whatever you may be chasing.  

Damon

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Well, folks...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
I hear ya man.  rifle season opened here today, but ill still be carrying the bow. think ill go set a treestand or two!

good luck.
is it September yet??

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
Rifle season's been open here since Oct 11th.  Poor ol boom stick still hasnt come out of the safe... I feel like I've commited adultry if I leave the ol widow at home.
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline WYarcher8923

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
I already had a blast with the old recurve earlier today, chasing geese and deer. Much more fun than I'd had lugging the rifle around, not surprisingly. I can certainly see a reason to the guns sitting at home after this morning.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©