3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Exciting morning to start November.  (Read 246 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Exciting morning to start November.
« on: November 03, 2013, 05:59:00 AM »
Been waiting for November to roll around. I tried a new spot as I was curious what might be going on there. Just as it was getting light enough for shooting, I hear some antlers clashing up on the ridge to my left and a ways up. I waited a while but didn't see any movement up there.

After a couple hours I saw some quick movement off to my right. A young Bear was quickly working his way up the ridge. I watched as he went passed me and up over the top. I sat the rest of the morning with nothing else moving near me.

I finally got up to leave since I had a family function to attend. On the way out I jumped a deer in some real thick stuff, but it didn't run off. I could see its tail through the brush only 20 yards at the most.

I tried to follow, but it was so thick. I moved up the trail to see if I could get an opening. I could see the deer moving ahead of me. I couldn't keep up. I came to a spot that opened up a little and there he was!

I drew my bow, but I could get a clear shot. He kept moving slowly through the laurels. When he finally stopped, he was about 50 yards out and I knew I could never close the distance.

The buck was a big non-typical and didn't seem to be worried about me or anything else. He stood broadside for a couple minutes and then moved on. I managed a pic with my phone, but not a very good one. You can see that there is a pretty considerable rack if you zoom in on photobucket. When I saw it closer before the pick, I estimated about 12 points. He had a large body too.

Hope I get to see him next time out.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Exciting morning to start November.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »
Pretty awesome deer Jerry.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online stillhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »
Awesome creation/AWESOME GOD! Job12:7  That will keep you in the woods. Shoot straight!

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 02:37:00 AM »
Still hunter, it certainly adds to anticipation of the next hunt.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©