3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Answered Prayers!  (Read 727 times)

Offline Longbow917

• Trad Bowhunter
Answered Prayers!
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Well, this year has been busy to say the least.  I have my youngest son hunting with his compound, his first year.  And my oldest, Jake, is back at it with his Kaliska recurve.  He had a tough first year last year with a few hits on deer that weren't recovered.  It was pretty disheartening to say the least.  As a father, watching his disappointment was tough.  But we hit it hard practicing and preparing this summer and Jake felt pretty confident.
With being busy playing football, we weren't getting very much time in the woods.  It seemed the time we were getting wasn't very productive.  The last three times we sat I hadn't even seen a deer, so Friday night we weren't feeling too excited.  I picked him up from school and we hit the hunting area, changed clothes, and off to the stand.  Before getting into the tree, I prayed for our hunt with Jake and asked the Lord to bless us with some deer sightings tonight.  I settled in to my tree after dropping Jake off at his.  Here is my home for most of the bow hunting season, when the boys arent opting for Dad's stand!    
The night started right away as I had a yearling doe feeding about fifteen yards away when I walked to my tree.  She heard my approach and bounded off without snorting or making a fuss.  About 20 minutes into the hunt, I had a neat little 8 pt with some tiny stickers come by and pose at 15yds.  I sent the photo by text to Jake and told him to keep his eye out.  He assured me it would be in trouble if it got close.  I then grunted a little later and had what I thought was a nice 6 point come in behind me.  I shot a text to Jake and he told me to quit bragging!  Within fifteen minutes he had both bucks around him showing off and rubbing saplings and circling each other.  He said they weren't paying attention to grunts, so I told him to stop calling until they separate, that they were just too interested in each other.  I then prayed that the Lord would provide a shot opportunity for Jake since once wrestling started, he would probably not be able to hunt very much, if at all.  I asked that He would provide the confidence and calmness for Jake to make the shot if it materialized and thanked Him for the action!
After not hearing from Jake for a while, all the sudden the sound of running deer broke the silence.  I turned around just in time to see the first 8 pt run up and stop behind my tree.  I looked him over and no holes!  The second buck came running up to join him and I saw a beautiful bright flourescent green fletch sticking out of his side!!  The buck ran right by me and I could see he was 10 ringed!!  The buck ran out ahead of my stand about 40 yds and went down.  I was so elated I was shaking with excitement, just as I received a text from my son that simply proclaimed YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!  I told him his deer was down and Jake arrived at my stand a short time later.  We went to where the deer went down and Jake was able to put his  hands on his first archery deer.  Wow, what an incredible moment, one neither of us will ever forget and will forever cherish.  It may sound cliche' but it truly doesn't get any better!  We then prayed together and thanked the Lord for the opportunity to hunt, and to have made such a clean shot with a quick kill.  Jake said the deer stopped angling away at 7 yards and he smoked him!  What I thought was a six was actually a seven pointer with a busted tine.  My prayers were answered that night...God is truly good!  Oh yeah, here are some pics:)              Oh yeah, Mom was so excited she even came out (high heeled boots and all!) to see the buck and share in Jake's hunt too....what a woman!   :thumbsup:   Thanks for listening!

Offline Mac910

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Answered Prayers!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Seems like I've seen those pics before. Hmmm.

Tell Jake again he done good. I know your family is into it as much as if not more than mine.

Nice Job Dad.

PS: Still think you should have got out the caping knives.., come on dad, his first deer with a bow.  :clapper:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
Great story... He'll never forget this hunt, and neither will you.... Congrats to both of you.   :clapper:

Offline Longbow917

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Thanks Dave.  I hope you realize you have a little stock in those photos for getting me into the traditional world and passing that on!  Come to think of it.....you are also partially responsible for the loss of income my family has sustained as a result    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:00 PM »
A big congratulations to you and your son!   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  Great job...congrats!
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Very nice story!  Congratulations to Jake and to you for an exciting hunt!  Nice pictures!     :clapper:

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
Wow that is so great!! Congrats! Nothing beats hunting with family!   :clapper:    :clapper:

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
Congrats to Jake and his first one! That is just awesome.

Bisch

Offline Mac910

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
You are welcome Sir! Glad to be of service.  :biglaugh:

Offline JMG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 11:15:00 PM »
Congrats!!! What a nice buck!!! Congrats to you for passing traditional archery down to your son!!!   :thumbsup:    :clapper:    :pray:

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »
:clapper:
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Goke

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
That's awesome!

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »
Awesome !  Must have been great when you first saw his arrow in that buck.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 06:56:00 AM »
Especially nice to see a family enjoy hunting together. Great job.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 06:59:00 AM »
Just Awesome!!!  Cherish this memory!  :clapper:

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 07:36:00 AM »
And that's about as good as it gets. I know all about juggling sports. I only get one week with my youngest between football and wrestling Congrats to all     :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Awesome! Congrats on your first deer!  What a moment to share
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
Very nice.  May God bless you for your efforts with your family. Congrats on a great buck.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©