3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MO rut kicked in full swing yet?  (Read 397 times)

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
MO rut kicked in full swing yet?
« on: November 04, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Well Lord Willing, I'll be headed up to my place in SW MO starting Thursday.

Just checking the scouting reports.  What stage of the rut is everyone experiencing?

Thanks!   :notworthy:
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: MO rut kicked in full swing yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
saw some chasing last week. rubs and scrapes were popping up all over.

saw great buck movement! good luck.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
Smaller bucks trying to chase does, does aren't having much of it so far. I'm gonna take vacation as soon as I think they are serious!! LOL

This is N MO, 50 miles from IA
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »
I live in the West-Central Truman Lake area.  Weekend before last... new scrapes and rub activity increased.  Small bucks chasing on two evening hunts... grunting.

Last weekend I watched a 135" class buck dog does for about 1/2 hour around my stand but no shot.
Had a VERY nice buck 200 yards behind my house cross a cut bean field mid day Saturday.  Had a 160" class buck trot across the same cut bean field Sunday afternoon, from one patch of timber to another... obviously "window shopping" :-).  It is really heating up around the areas I frequent.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
Also, my 12 year old niece killed a 3.5 year old 11 pointer Saturday during Missouri's youth season.
Truman Lake area again.  He followed a doe pee trail my brother laid down on the way in to the stand site.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
I'm in SW MO- bucks have been chasing for over a week, and in the last few days my game cameras have seen some big ones cruising in daylight. I can't get out again until Saturday, and with the rain leaving and temps dropping, the next couple of days should be hot! While I was resting Monday and avoiding the rain, the cameras showed that big bucks went by two of my stands.  :(  This weekend could be huge!
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
It's a magical time to be outside in the Midwest.

DD
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Starting to see some promising action but no craziness yet where I'm hunting in KY.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
I saw my 1st buck trying to keep up with a doe Tuesday evening/night.

The farm has really surprised me this year because I've seen more bucks than does.

Non of the bucks I've seen were showing any physical signs of being in rut.

I did experience non-visual evidence of a rutting buck...lol I could smell that dude.

I had just play a game of tag with an 8 pointer and when he quit playing with me I decided to take my pac-seat off my back and sit down. (I just wanted to give all of that adrenaline that had been created a chance to dissipate.)

I was faced into the wind near a wet weather creek in a little bottom that is one of my favorite spots when I got a whiff of something familiar.

Now it had my attention and I started to focus on what my nose was trying to tell me. I could tell it was coming from across the creek,.

Man! Is it ever thick over there..lol All kinds of brush, green briers, wild grapevines plus what looks like a thicket of very small saplings.

I about wore my eyes out trying to pick him out of that mess before the wind swirled a bit and he let me know that he had smelled me as well...lol

Once I get more time(still hunting but home doing hunting clothes wash) I'll tell about my close encounters with two different 8 pointers and a doe that still lives because "The Amazon Lady" is too quiet...lol

God bless,Mudd

PS: We got a deep cold snap overnight so I fully expect things are going to pick up in a hurry.

My plan is to hunt as much as possible before the gun hunters hit the woods on the 16th.  The state is celebrating my birthday this year by opening gun deer season on the 16th....lol
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Got home at 5 yesterday and changed the card in my driveway/security camera to find that a very large 8 pt. had crossed the driveway road 20 minutes before I got there. He probably watched me drive by from the 30 acre high-grass field he was headed into. I'll be hunting the stand I have there Saturday! It's a buck corridor.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
Watched a 130 class following does tonight, then he got in a fight with a similar buck.  They fought for about 3 or 4 minutes... but they were definitely trying to kill each other. It was an awesome evening in the stand.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
Buddy saw 3 bucks after 1 doe yesterday, biggest bred her twice right out in front of him!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Yesterday when I checked my driveway cam, yet another big buck had crossed! This one is a big 10 with the end of his left antler broken off. Tomorrow can't come quickly enough... The bucks are really cruising right now.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©