3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opology to Jeff (taterhill)  (Read 297 times)

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
Opology to Jeff (taterhill)
« on: November 06, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
My ill considered "humor" crashed Jeff's thread on sights for bows. My apology to him. I won't be so fast next time and will consider my contributions merit first.

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opology to Jeff (taterhill)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
See, this is the value of this forum.  Members take ownership for poorly thought out comments.  I've made many myself (I'm sure we all do), but this is the ONLY forum I belong to that members will actually apologize to other members.
>>>--------->

Online TaterHill Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
Hey, no problem from my end. The thread had run its course anyway.

I wasn't really concerned with whether or not it was trad. I was looking for advice.
Jeff

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Jeff,

At one time I was having a heck of a time and out of desperation thinking it would help me "pick a spot" I taped a wood  strike anywhere type of match to the riser and shot with it. It felt weird, looked really wierd, and didn't help me so I took it off and just stuck to shooting it without sights and worked on focusing and picking a spot. So before spending any money go grab a match and try it out.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »
Jeff, I have taken to gap shooting ... or string walking ... and I find it very effective. Same principle as a sight ... I think a sight would definately improve accuracy.

With that said I chose not to go that route to avoid the trad police, and because when I pick up someone elses bow, I can get one target almost immediately .... if I had to, I could be ready to hunt another bow in very short order ... couple shots at 15, 20, 25, 30 and i'd know the gaps and ready to go.

Online DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 05:26:00 AM »
I read a story about a fella that shot a mountain goat that at the time I believe was the world record. He shot it with a recurve that had a pink eraser taped to the riser and straight pins with the plastic balls on them stuck in it for pins. I think if a guy wanted to try a sight this would be a cheap way to go.

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 06:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by DWT:
I read a story about a fella that shot a mountain goat that at the time I believe was the world record. He shot it with a recurve that had a pink eraser taped to the riser and straight pins with the plastic balls on them stuck in it for pins. I think if a guy wanted to try a sight this would be a cheap way to go.
Good point. More than likely that fella did that to extend the ranges beyond what is capable accuracy wish shooting gap or instinctive. Hunt if a lifetime? Most shots beyond 30 yards? Want to extend your range and take advantage of something for better or more accurate at longer ranges? Do what ya gotta do and don't worry about. I be that guy didn't feel bad a bit when he put that trophy on the ground.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »
Well done Joshua!   :clapper:

Thought I would mention that I have miss spoken on here my self a time or two.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©