3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone ever carry out a deer like this? ALICE pack or Crew Cab?  (Read 571 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone ever carry out a deer like this? ALICE pack or Crew Cab?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
I wish I could do that. I hunt NJ and PA. Both states basically require a whole deer. Field evisceration is allowed.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »
Yep I have to cross a river to hunt whitetails .   I have gutless boned a half dozen deer and carried them out in a crew cab.   I love that pack for heavy loads.   I pack in lone wife stands, and ferry assorted hunting goods in the pack.   It is heavy empty but with heavy loads its good.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
Well I ordered the crew cab. In camouflage. I like the coyote color better but it kinda resembles a deer.
It's mostly for hunting in the mountains a few miles from the road. It's going to be nice for hauling tree stands and clothing up and down the hills. It's s tricky thing to hike in steep terrain then try to stay warm in a tree stand all day.
As far as brining a deer out cut up, or whole. I'll do what ever feels best at the moment. The PA Game Commission? Don't get me started!
Tedd

Offline wislnwings

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
I have a Crew Cab and love it.  The only complaint I have is that it is a heavy pack.  The lease I hunt now is very hilly and most of the stands are a good long walk in.  I've been leaving my Crew Cab in the truck and once I have a deer down, its easy enough to get the pack and go haul it out.  I've thought about trying to carry one out whole but being that I'm a 41 year old short, fat guy.....probably not going to happen unless I tag a small doe.  I do enjoy using it to haul treestands and stuff.  I keep saying I'm going to order the load sling for it but haven't yet.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©