3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: sika deer!!!  (Read 342 times)

Offline bigb3303

• Trad Bowhunter
sika deer!!!
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »
I just found out about these deer in maryland! I didnt even know they existed! I have looked at some land for lease online to hunt them in 2014.. any body hunted for them , and have any tips, or guides recomended? Or any body be willing to trade a whitetail hunt here on my farm in Tn for a sika hunt?

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: sika deer!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Brandon,
I'm in a meeting right now, but search for the thread I started a couple or 3 weeks ago.
Search in Powwow for Chincoteague
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
I we'll be going down in 2 week's to hunt them . I we'll tell all about it after I get back from Thanksgiving with my daughter in NC.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
There is public ground to hunt them on in Dorchester County and you'll need a permit to hunt on Blackwater NWR. Of course you'd have to put in some scouting time since it all marshland.

Another other route to go is join a lease.

The third route would be to book a hunt with one of the many outfitters down there. Muddy Marsh is a good one.

The hunting is tough and conditions unlike most deer hunting you'll encounter. Hipboots and Thermacells are mandantory equipment.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Check marylandwhitetail.com.  They have a section called the wallow.  You won't find better info or resources than the ones on there.  Sikas are special IMO.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©