3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A little ridiculous  (Read 1138 times)

Offline buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
A little ridiculous
« on: September 10, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »
The Adult deer permit in Ohio is $24. They complain about the number of deer being too high then they go and charge us $24 for stinkin permit. Any other Ohioans out there a little mad about this besides myself? I believe a more reasonable price would be $12, this is the price of the youth permit.

Offline dorris

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A little ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
well dont complain ours went from 20 to 30 bucks and form 12.50 to 20 for license for hunting and 20 for fishing . or 30 for combo res lic, in kentucky
" If I fail trying my hardest did I really fail ? "

Jeff Dorris
11/16/1970 ~ 3/30/2010
Rest In Peace

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
68$ in NY for the super sportsman.4 deer tags,1 bear tag, 4 turkey tags,small game and fishing.The best bargain in the universe.The moneys gotta come from somewhere.

Offline BillJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Buckeyebowhunter - The antlered permit in Ohio is, indeed, $24.00 this year, but they have added the antlerless permit for bowhunters, and they are only $15.00.  Depending on which zone you're in, you can take up to 6 antlerless deer this year.

At least that's the way I read the regs this year.

BillJ
"Whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved."

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
Do any of you play golf?  I used to. I would spend more than that on one round & that was cheap golf. For the amount of enjoyment & the number of hour I spend afield its the cheapest game in town. JMHO, Mike
Big Mike

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
So what else could you spend $24 on and have as much fun?

I don't care if they charge $50 for a doe permit.  It's still the most fun you can have for the money.
Otto

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
Deer license in Colorado is $31.00, then there's the application fee, 'cause there ain't no OTC deer tags anymore, and a conservation certificate, and....

Count your blessings.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
Thing I like about Ohio is that I can hunt my mother's property FREE!!!!!!!  How cool is that?

Lifetime in NY was the smartest thing before the last increase.  I think this is my year that the purchase cost covered the sum of annual fees.  And I hope at the age of 40 I got a few more years in me....

BobW
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »
Sorry, Buckeye.  No sympathy here.  I buy the $62 Georgia sportsman's license every year, even though I don't fish or hunt ducks.  Would be cheaper to get just archery big game and WMA.  The money goes to pay for ranger and wildlife management areas, including help for securing new public land.  For the most part, in-state license fees for whitetail and most other game are by far the cheapest part of hunting.  Did'ja check to see how much a case of beer cost's now or a tank of gas....that lasts about a week.  Good point about golf costs.  Probably doesn't cost much less to go bowling for a night!   Good luck, Steve

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
Lets see, if I wanted to hunt 1 doe.

Conservation stamp - $10.50
Archery license -    $13.00
Doe tag -            $19.00

If you wanna play the game, you pay the price.   :thumbsup:

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
Oh yeah, general deer is $31 + C stamp and archery license. $54.50

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
no sympathy here either to shoot one deer buck or doe is 31.00 plus a 8 or 9 dollar archery tag plus a 12 dollar wildlife certificate plus every 5 years I have to buy a 10.00 win card for my son and I to hunt this year it cost us over 110 dollars and I can only shoot 2 deer and he can only shoot 3 and he is a youth so I think you are pretty lucky Delin
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
A license to hunt or fish must go up in price as everything else does. As long as the money is used as it is intended, (Management of fish and wildlife) the price increase does not bother me too much.

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
$64 for a super combo.  Includes all stamps, fishing and hunting and 3 buck 2 antlerless or vise versa depending on county.  Now for a lease we are looking at about $2000 per hunter for decent acreage with game on it.  Most of TX is Privatly owned as most of ya'll know.
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
A Tennessee sportsman is $136.00!!  Since I only hunt with my bow, it's cheaper for me to buy my resident hunt/fish license, annual big game archery, and WMA stamp for a cheap $80.00!!! And that's just to hunt deer, turkey, and small game with a bow.  It would be another $28.00 if I wanted to rifle hunt and another $28.00 if I hunted with a muzzleloader!! But, it goes for a good cause so what the heck.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
$40 for everything here but it cost me $300 for license just to shoot pigs a couple of times in SC because I hunt public land.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
We have it good here. 19$ for resident archers permit (2 deer @ 2 turkey either sex) then you can purchase the $7.00 archery antlerless tags in Missouri. No limit on harvest number. Kill as many does as you want to buy $7 tags.
We have too many deer.
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
In Mo $19 buys ya 2 anydeer and 2 turkey tags,after that its 7 bucks a pop for doe tags,however many $7's ya gots. (Only 1 buck before gun season).  Keep talkin,you're makin me feel better bout livin in a depressed area.......  :D
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
Ya beat me by 2 min.,JD. Need better typin skills  ;)
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »
$63 here gets you General(firearm season antlered permit), Small Game, Archery(1 of either sex depending on zone), Bear and Fishing. A second archery permit is $17 and a muzzleloader is $17(that season is also late archery so you can still use an unused archery tag instead).

Only allowed two deer a year though.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©