3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A little ridiculous  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A little ridiculous
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
I just pay what they ask, I don't want them to know but no matter how much it is I'm going to pay it so  I can go hunting.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
Kansas is $30 + hunting license.

Dennis

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
I'm with BobW, actually, I think he got the idea from me but I won't gloat    :goldtooth:

I don't know how it is in other states but here in NY when I bought mine the money for a lifetime license went into a special fund to pay for hunting lands and easements, not the general fund where it could be siphoned off by crooked politicians. Anyway, if your state offers it and you're young enough to make it worth while I would suggest doing it. It might hurt a little on the front side, but I smile every year when my license just magically appears in the mail.    :jumper:

Oh yeah, one other benefit is if I ever move out of state, the license is still good as a resident. I have a friend who moved to Alaska 15 years ago and they send him his license every year like clockwork.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
It's all relative.  $24 won't get me to the next gas station to buy a taco in route to the woods  :p    :D  ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
yikes...you must dig ditches for a living in a state with very low minimum wages.

How much do you spend on movie tickets? Your bow? Fishing rods?

The money you spend on licenses goes to pay for the salaries of the natural resource guys who help keep poachers in court, work to keep your wildlife populations in balance, set the seasons, fight with politicians, to protect your right to keep spending 24 bucks for a license.

Pay it and enjoy....62 dollars in GA, 200 dollars in SC, just spent about twice that much for caribou tags in Quebec, and 100 bucks plus license fees in Quebec for a spring bear tag
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Richard in OK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
In Oklahoma it's like this:
Annual Combination (H&F) = $37
Archery Tag                 20 (per deer)
Rifle                       20     "
Muzzleloader                20     "
Turkey (Spring & Fall)      10 each season
Special Antlerless Deer     20 (December 3day seasons)
That's $127 before you hunt ducks.

Two years ago I bought an over age 60 lifetime license. I figure if I hunt eight more years it will have cost me $12.70 per year. And if I leave the state my license is still good.

The regular lifetime combination is $775. If you're forty and hunt until you're 70, do the math. I know it's hard to get that kind of money together in one batch, but you'd spend it on a new bow in a minute.

Richard

Offline JImmyDee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by ethan:
A Tennessee sportsman is $136.00!!  Since I only hunt with my bow, it's cheaper for me to buy my resident hunt/fish license, annual big game archery, and WMA stamp for a cheap $80.00!!!
It seems that most states east of the Mississippi have complicated rules: Different dates for Region this, Zone that, except this WMA, including that WMA, north of this road, east of that road, special permit needed, blah, blah, blah...

In Tennessee, most of the regs say, "Except Lifetime and Sportsman's license holders."  So I just pony up the $136.  Insane... but cheaper that shooting golfs!  (Never did find a good recipe for them...)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
From Buckeye to Buckeye....It is worth it if it keeps us with land to hunt on.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
here in Virginia it will cost you $54. for all your permits to bowhunt(resident). with that you get 6 deer tags, 3 turkey tags and 1 black bear. if you want to hunt with a black powder or Xgun those will cost an additional $18. each same as archery.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Not one bit.  We don't rely on tax dollars to supplement the DOW.  The grease in Columbus can't touch our hunting dollars.  I'd pay twice that and keep smiling.  Game quality, numbers, seasons, and public access in Ohio are worth every penny.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
Sorry, I think thats pretty cheap.. you wouldnt want to live in colorado.

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
Here in West Virginia, I think we may have the best deal for residents, Sportsman package is $33
That lets you fish, small game hunt, trap, migratory bird hunt, kill one wild boar, kill a buck with a gun, either sex with a muzzleloader, either sex with a bow, and 3 turkey all this is on either private or  state owned WMA or national forest. For $10 more you can kill a bear. And we still have people complain!
Now that I read what I typed, it's no wonder us Game wardens here are making peanuts! Steve    :knothead:

Offline Kurt in Memphis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »
I also buy the $136.00 TN Sportsman license, and I hunt with all three weapons.  I also hunt in a "Liberal" county and am allowed 3 does PER DAY all season long!  Not a bad deal with all of the hunting and fishing that is covered with one, simple license.

Kurt

Offline DaleinOhio

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »
I bought a $19 2007 general hunting license when I picked up my Ohio resident Special deer permit and antlerless permit.  Then when I got home I realized I had already bought one before turkey season this year.  No worries...I just donated money to a good cause.
"So much do the savages esteem the wood of this tree for the purpose of making their bows, that they travel many hundred miles in quest of it."  -- Meriweather Lewis' description of the Osage Orange tree in a letter sent to Thomas Jefferson.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »
For a while there it took over 75 dollars just to fill up my tank.  The tag is cheap.

a six pack of the beer my wife likes to drink is about 8 dolars.  That would make a case of it 32 dollars.   The tag is cheap.

Go ANYWHERE out of state.  Over the counter elk tags in Colorado, one of the less expensive areas, is about 500 dollars now.... The tag is cheap.

I understand your grief, but I think maybe you aren't looking at the whole picture.
ChuckC

Offline southernarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »
With all the public land available for me to hunt I believe that the 50 buck sportsman license is a good deal here in SC.
"We do this for fun, but we aren't playing"

Offline hoebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 02:16:00 AM »
48.00 here in texas for a combo. It is ridiculous they go up every year then we have to buy a salt water stamp, archery stamp, turkey stamp, and a muzzleloading stamp, and to top it off, if you hunt turkey you also have to have a upland game bird stamp in addition to the turkey stamp. Can you say hidden tax. stamp me to death!
ABR

Offline Turkey-duke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 02:50:00 AM »
Its 32.00 Here in Mississippi for a sportsmans lic.  Its an extra 15.00 to hunt WMAs, but it sure is worth it.  I'm fixin to move to Virginia and I am not looking forward to paying that much each year (120.00 for sportsman's?).  It certainly has to limit the number of less than serious hunters. But ya'll are right - its going to a good cause.

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 04:11:00 AM »
$ 95.00 for sportsman's license in Ky. Good luck in the woods.
DR

Offline JIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
$27.50  Iowa res. used to be $15.00, me and two boys just starting to hunt it gets expensive fast.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©